• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Most Valuable Poster (MVP) program

Started by Spht, August 02, 2006, 09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spht

Since I'm too lazy to write a big documentation on this, I'll just use the FAQ from the World of Warcraft forum with appropriate adjustments:

How are MVPs recognized?

They get a special title and five unique stars next to their name when they post in a board which they are a MVP.

Why was the MVP Program created?

This tag next to users who have made contributions to the community lends a note of credibility to what they post; it allows users to take what they say at face value.

What does an MVP do?

An MVP continues to promote constructive posting wherever they can.  They contribute to the community and encourage polite discussion.  When you see an MVP post, listen to what they have to say--they were chosen for their knowledge on the board they're posting in.

Why aren't the MVPs all level 60s?

Uhh ... next question!

How can I become an MVP?

To participate in Botdev's MVP program, one must be a positive influence to the community in posting constructively, encouraging discussion (and no, that doesn't mean giving a post a title and then saying "Discuss."), as well as regularly active.  If you meet this criteria, and we view such actions on a regular basis, there is a possibility you may be asked to participate in the program.  Very few people are chosen for this honorary role, which may be revoked at any time.  MVPs are assigned on a per-board basis.  Please do not contact us requesting to be a MVP.

warz

Just bring back karma, or reputation points.

vuther.de

Hero

Zorm

"Now, gentlemen, let us do something today which the world make talk of hereafter."
- Admiral Lord Collingwood

Hero

Zorm

Oh, darn I was hoping it would be someone cool!  :'(
"Now, gentlemen, let us do something today which the world make talk of hereafter."
- Admiral Lord Collingwood

MyndFyre

Quote from: HeRo on August 02, 2006, 04:52 PM
I think we all know who it isĀ  ::)
There are no set number of MVPs per-board, which means there can be multiple here.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Warrior

Quote from: Zorm on August 02, 2006, 06:12 PM
Oh, darn I was hoping it would be someone cool!  :'(

Don't worry, it's still me.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Hero

How to you know when you are an MVP? Do you get something special?

Maddox

Wow, ripping off Blizzard.

Pretty lame.
asdf.

warz

Quote from: Maddox on August 02, 2006, 08:52 PM

Pretty lame.

lol, well, if you pan out a little bit, this entire community is built around Blizzard rip offs. Bots? Emulating their games? Hacks? C'mon.

Newby

Quote from: Spht on August 02, 2006, 09:44 AM
Since I'm too lazy to write a big documentation on this

I personally wouldn't. An MVP? On vL forums? Requiring FAQs? Should be fairly straight forward. If someone doesn't know what an MVP is, odds are they came here to get code to complete their CSB VB bot. :P

Quote from: HeRo on August 02, 2006, 06:04 PM
Userloser

An MVP continues to promote constructive posting wherever they can. They contribute to the community and encourage polite discussion. When you see an MVP post, listen to what they have to say--they were chosen for their knowledge on the board they're posting in.

I remember UserLoser in two words: "stfu nerd"

I'd personally suggest looking at a person's history to see how they act, and if they just suddenly change to get a rank and feel special. ;)

But that's just me.

I agree with warz: KARMA.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Hero

Yea I was joking about userloser, I apparently thought wrong about how people would take it  :-[

Spht

Quote from: Maddox on August 02, 2006, 08:52 PM

Pretty lame.

We had a similar program years ago on the Gamers.com boards (VIP), we're just now bringing it back.  That is where the idea came from originally.

Quote from: Newby on August 02, 2006, 10:26 PM
Since I'm too lazy to write a big documentation on this

I personally wouldn't. An MVP? On vL forums? Requiring FAQs? Should be fairly straight forward. If someone doesn't know what an MVP is, odds are they came here to get code to complete their CSB VB bot. :P

It's better than suddenly making people MVPs, then having questions fly in "What's MVP?  why's he MVP?  can I be MVP?"

I realize that most people probably know what MVP is--which is why I used the World of Warcraft FAQ as mostly a joke (notice how not all the questions belong?).  This is just a simple introduction.

Quote from: Newby on August 02, 2006, 10:26 PM
I'd personally suggest looking at a person's history to see how they act, and if they just suddenly change to get a rank and feel special. ;)

Constructive posting and polite discussion is encouraged, and outstanding community members are recognized.  It could mean for some people that they just need to improve their communication skills.

Appreciate the feedback