• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Starcraft 1.14 Patch

Started by Hero, July 31, 2006, 06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UserLoser

Quote from: DeTaiLs on August 01, 2006, 12:45 AM
Did anybody else notice they just went through the true tricks map and the 25 trick map and just patched all that, half of the stuff didnt even effect the game play and existed for many years so don't know why they finialy patch it after all this years, Aslo people saying warden was now put into starcraft.

Warden can't be in Starcraft unless they decide to make Battle.net host the games.  Games are peer to peer, you can play a game of Starcraft without even being connected to Battle.net

warz

It can be, just not securely.

I have a feeling this patch is just preparing for something larger.

Ringo

Quote from: UserLoser on August 01, 2006, 01:00 AM
Quote from: DeTaiLs on August 01, 2006, 12:45 AM
Did anybody else notice they just went through the true tricks map and the 25 trick map and just patched all that, half of the stuff didnt even effect the game play and existed for many years so don't know why they finialy patch it after all this years, Aslo people saying warden was now put into starcraft.

Warden can't be in Starcraft unless they decide to make Battle.net host the games.  Games are peer to peer, you can play a game of Starcraft without even being connected to Battle.net
Hm, depending how this new ladder system works, a client in a ladder game, could at a later date, be required to do warden checks with the battle.net servers why ingame.
Failing to do so, could result in the player being disconnected from battle.net, or cheating could result in the ladder game being discounted and the cheater being banned from ladder, or somthing of that nature.
Interesting subject tho :P
Hasnt SC had some kind of unactive warden client since a few patchs ago?

Ringo

Has anyone poked around with it? :P

warz

If I recall, isn't there a dll file in brood war's dir titled WardenClient.dll or something similar? If anyone would post a link to it I'll take a look.

QwertyMonster

I still have my rank 1 tag. Haha they didn't remove that. :)