• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Looking for Remote Bot Protocol specs

Started by warz, July 14, 2006, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warz

Does anyone have that PDF file for the Remote Bot Protocol, by Skywing, that MyndFyre posted a long time ago?

MyndFyre

I don't know where it is.  Sorry dude!
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

rabbit

Savior's is shorter and is stated as specifically for Battle.Net.  warz's is longer and it says it's for "multiprotocol".  Hm.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

MyndFyre

Quote from: rabbit on July 14, 2006, 07:26 PM
Savior's is shorter and is stated as specifically for Battle.Net.  warz's is longer and it says it's for "multiprotocol".  Hm.

Since BinaryChat is a multiprotocol client/server, the latter is likely better.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

warz

Savior's is shorter and is stated as specifically for Battle.Net. warz's is longer and it says it's for "multiprotocol". Hm.

I don't know who Savior is, and if I were to attempt to use his I'd just the same create my own. The only reason I was planing on using Skywing's or MyndFyre's is because their general knowledge about things, and quality of posts on these forums, makes me feel safe in using their work.

I guess I will write my own battlenet specific one.

Mystical

Uhm.. * Cough * the link that savior put up was written by Skywing. :|

rabbit

Quote from: warz on July 14, 2006, 07:54 PM
Savior's is shorter and is stated as specifically for Battle.Net. warz's is longer and it says it's for "multiprotocol". Hm.

I don't know who Savior is, and if I were to attempt to use his I'd just the same create my own. The only reason I was planing on using Skywing's or MyndFyre's is because their general knowledge about things, and quality of posts on these forums, makes me feel safe in using their work.

I guess I will write my own battlenet specific one.
I meant the link in his post.  Both are vL hosted files.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

warz

Oh, I was confused. I didn't even realise the person that posted that prelim text file was named Savior. Anywho, the link he pasted seems to be an incomplete and older file than the one I pasted. The link I found looks to be more complete.

PaiD

Wow. I have never been talked about before :p