• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Nextgen iPod?

Started by hismajesty, July 04, 2006, 09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topaz

Ah yes, but is its capacity 30gb? The 30gb iPod is about 280$.
RLY...?

rabbit

I said same size.  Yes.  It is a 30gb iPod.  Final price was $122.16, with shipping.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

topaz

Quote from: rabbit on July 05, 2006, 08:13 PM
I said same size.  Yes.  It is a 30gb iPod.  Final price was $122.16, with shipping.

No way. The Apple Store lists it as $300, and Newegg lists it as about $280. Did you purchase a used/refurbished?
RLY...?

PaiD

Quote from: rabbit on July 04, 2006, 10:54 AM
$300...rip.

I just got a refurbished 30gb 4G Color Photo for $125, including shipping, from eBay.

I am going to go with refurbished

topaz

Oh... I skimmed most of the posts.
RLY...?

Ishbar

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on July 05, 2006, 02:50 PM
Quote from: Networks on July 05, 2006, 01:14 PM
Touch screen iPod? Dude you know it's a hoax because I don't know if you all have seen your current iPod screens but uhh it's bound to have a few dozen scratches on it EVERYWHERE.

There was talk of it possibly having like sensors so you don't actually touch it but you hover, or some sort of glass screen or something. Apple isn't a company that's going to have an inelegant product.

Yeah, or that intelegant of users either!
Uh...did I say that? What I meant was intelligent.
:)

Though That JetAudio looks pretty sleek btw...Oh wait...NOT!! It's obnoxious, the button protrudes out a bit, its shape is quirky, and I disaproove of its lacking chic'.

topaz

Quote from: Ishbar on July 05, 2006, 11:42 PM
Touch screen iPod? Dude you know it's a hoax because I don't know if you all have seen your current iPod screens but uhh it's bound to have a few dozen scratches on it EVERYWHERE.

There was talk of it possibly having like sensors so you don't actually touch it but you hover, or some sort of glass screen or something. Apple isn't a company that's going to have an inelegant product.

Though That JetAudio looks pretty sleek btw...Oh wait...NOT!! It's obnoxious, the button protrudes out a bit, its shape is quirky, and I disaproove of its lacking chic'.

You mean, trendwhorishmainstream value? You can only get that in the iPods!
RLY...?

hismajesty

What?

Ishbar

Quote from: Topaz on July 06, 2006, 01:05 AM

You mean, trendwhorishmainstream value? You can only get that in the iPods!

0o0, I see we have ourselves the advantageous non-conformist; fighting the capitalistic dogma of ingoing and outgoing trends by baring arms with his fellow brothers in hot topic chains all around the world...

Just because it's "trendwhorishmainstream" doesn't mean shit. Ipod's now a days are reliable, everyone has known someone who has known someone with an Ipod. They have a comforting design, contain a plethora is music, and has fantastic battery time [Except for video watching...] I love what Apple has done, finally something right!

If Fillet Minion was trendwhorish and Corned Beef was the inverse, the underdog--yet Fillet Minion came at a value affordable to all social incomes...I think people would be much better off with their Fillet.

topaz

Quote from: Ishbar on July 06, 2006, 02:49 PM
0o0, I see we have ourselves the advantageous non-conformist; fighting the capitalistic dogma of ingoing and outgoing trends by baring arms with his fellow brothers in hot topic chains all around the world...

I think you shouldn't try so hard to sound intelligent. You come off stupid.

QuoteJust because it's "trendwhorishmainstream" doesn't mean shit. Ipod's now a days are reliable, everyone has known someone who has known someone with an Ipod. They have a comforting design, contain a plethora is music, and has fantastic battery time [Except for video watching...] I love what Apple has done, finally something right!

iPods, as many can tell you, are not as reliable as you might think. Their batteries have been known to be defective, the screen easily scratched, and the larger capacities come at inflated prices.

QuoteIf Fillet Minion was trendwhorish and Corned Beef was the inverse, the underdog--yet Fillet Minion came at a value affordable to all social incomes...I think people would be much better off with their Fillet.

Your analogy is misplaced.
RLY...?

CrAz3D

I've had 1 friend have a bad experience with his iPod (I believe we ALL (12 of us) have iPods that work perfectly fine).

I bought 2 iRivers before my iPod, both were bad so I bought the iPod.

iPod>*
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

And Apple has top notch tech support. I remember my first time ordering replacement earbuds (I did twice, the first time they sent two) - they were there the next morning.

Yegg

I can't wait to see the perfect device with absolutely no flaws in all aspects. Is there a single electronical device out there that has never had a single unit have some form of a problem that caused grief for the consumer of it?

Just because you may have known someone who had a problem with an Apple iPod or read something about it, doesn't mean that you shouldn't get one or shouldn't recommend one. I think these device's are amazing. I love mine, it has no apparent problems. You are never guaranteed 100% when buying an electronic device that there will be no problems with it.

Quote from: Topaz on July 06, 2006, 03:25 PMiPods, as many can tell you, are not as reliable as you might think. Their batteries have been known to be defective, the screen easily scratched, and the larger capacities come at inflated prices.

It doesn't stop people from buying them. The scratches on my iPod's screen does not cause a problem for me, I can still see everything on it just fine. The battery so far seems to be working just the same as when I got it. I'm sure some have been defective, but it definately doesn't go for all iPods of course. The amount of good iPods compared to bad iPods is much greater.

Ishbar

QuoteiPods, as many can tell you, are not as reliable as you might think. Their batteries have been known to be defective, the screen easily scratched, and the larger capacities come at inflated prices.

Topaz. Three things:

Warrenty
Plastic Screen Cover [ 10 cents, you work the same on the GBA Sp ] - Or a carrying case with cover...
People still buy things, Little Annie gets Big Daddy Warbucks to purchase her "trendwhorish" iPod along with the rest of her little "trendwhorish" crap that for some odd reason...seems to be so critically "trendwhorish" all for the simple fact that they have EARNED themselves the title of "trendwhore."

Most of the general public doesn't even KNOW any other Mp3 device that rival the iPod; first off, if they were to answer, they'd be wrong...only because nothing in the industry comes close.

topaz

Quote from: Ishbar on July 09, 2006, 01:14 AM

QuoteiPods, as many can tell you, are not as reliable as you might think. Their batteries have been known to be defective, the screen easily scratched, and the larger capacities come at inflated prices.

Topaz. Three things:

Warrenty
Plastic Screen Cover [ 10 cents, you work the same on the GBA Sp ] - Or a carrying case with cover...

And how are you going to apply it? Adhesive? The screen shouldn't be so easily marked in the first place.

QuoteMost of the general public doesn't even KNOW any other Mp3 device that rival the iPod; first off, if they were to answer, they'd be wrong...only because nothing in the industry comes close.

Because Apple has dominated the consumer electronics market so much; however, there are a lot of alternatives that are quite decent (X5, Creative, iRiver, SANSA, etc). The issue at hand is not the warranty or safeguards - the product should be as non-defective as possible.

You need to quit ranting - get to the point instead.
RLY...?

|