• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Something few have yet to ponder

Started by Raven, June 01, 2003, 11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

Where exactly do lost packets go? Ponder away.

iago

I mentioned this in Thing's post about free internet.. they go flying off into the void.

In fact, they go to null.  If you manage to get to null, you will not only find the destination of a lot of pointers, you will also find lost packets.  It's a magical place with fairies and such.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Adron

Lost packets get discarded. They get discarded because they're flawed or because there are too many of them. It's very effective really: If there's something wrong with it you zap it. If there are too many of them, you zap some.

Now, when are we going to start being this effective about humans?

TheMinistered

Adron, I believe you are refering to euthanasia, and in certain parts of the world we already perform euthanasia on old aged or diseased humans.  As for the too many part, we just simply abort the babies...

Naem

Quote from: TheMinistered on June 02, 2003, 11:54 AM
Adron, I believe you are refering to euthanasia

I like the term "zap" better.
اگر بتوانید این را بهخوابید ، من را "پی ام" کنید

Yoni

Raven, your avatar has warped my fragile little mind.

Raven

Quote from: Yoni on June 03, 2003, 03:21 AM
Raven, your avatar has warped my fragile little mind.

That's what it was made for. :)

Yoni

Etheran

That's the best avatar I've seen on these forums.  Not because it says vL, but the way it moves like that!

Adron

How long is the sequence before it repeats? Does each font/frame appear only once in a loop?

Spht

Quote from: Adron on June 03, 2003, 04:32 PM
How long is the sequence before it repeats? Does each font/frame appear only once in a loop?

Quotevflshn.gif 277,015KB
640 frames (65 x 65)
12.80 total seconds
0.02 second average display time per frame

Looks to me like it could be shortened down to 11 frames then set to loop. Currently, after the first 11 frames, the same 11 previous frames are copied ~58 times.

Raven

Keep digging, you might find more. :D

Adron

That's what I was thinking, ...
Either it's because my computer is slow, or there is some irregularity in the Pattern because it keeps catching my eye after a while. It could just be when my computer is rewinding it, but could also be something built in to the Pattern...

Yoni

Looks like it slows down after a while.

iago

Download it and view it frame by frame to answer all your questions..
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*