• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Link.exe dump

Started by Imperceptus, May 26, 2006, 06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperceptus

Anyone remember how to dump the calls from a dll using link.exe?  i forgot the syntax and where i wrote down the syntax.
thought it was

link.exe /dump -exports filename

not getting what i wanted.
Quote from: Hazard on August 07, 2003, 03:15 PM
Highlight your entire code. Press the delete key. Start over again using Cuphead's CSB tutorial and work your way from their rather than raping code from downloaded sources meant purely for learning purposes. If this does not fix the problem, uninstall Visual Basic and get a new hobby. I suggest Cricket.

Imperceptus

dumpbin filename /exports ?

im starting to think the dll im trying to ind info on doesnt have any exports.
Highlight your entire code. Press the delete key. Start over again using Cuphead's CSB tutorial and work your way from their rather than raping code from downloaded sources meant purely for learning purposes. If this does not fix the problem, uninstall Visual Basic and get a new hobby. I suggest Cricket.

topaz

Quote from: Imperceptus on May 26, 2006, 07:28 PM
dumpbin filename /exports ?

im starting to think the dll im trying to ind info on doesnt have any exports.

Tried that one, it works.
RLY...?

Imperceptus

what Can I do to try to find out the calls of an dll that has no exports?  i have the source but its all in c-sharp and beyond which I dont know how to make the calls to it correctly? 

K

.NET DLLs are not regular DLLs.  They don't import or export functions.  You specify them as a reference when compiling a .NET project and the public classes are then visible.

csc mycode_that_uses_foo.cs /r:Foo.dll

You can use reflector to view the classes and objects inside of it with Reflector for .NET, but since you already have the source, why not just look at that?

MyndFyre

If you're using a COM-aware C# DLL (such as MBNCSUtil), you can select Project->Add Reference to add a reference to the type library (e.g., mbncsutil.tlb).  Your VB project would require you to have the .NET Framework installed on the target machine, and you'd need to have registered the C# DLL using regasm.exe or a similar utility.  The DLL can be in the local folder in the global assembly cache (%windir%\Assembly) after it's been registered to be used.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

l)ragon

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on May 27, 2006, 03:44 PM
If you're using a COM-aware C# DLL (such as MBNCSUtil), you can select Project->Add Reference to add a reference to the type library (e.g., mbncsutil.tlb).  Your VB project would require you to have the .NET Framework installed on the target machine, and you'd need to have registered the C# DLL using regasm.exe or a similar utility.  The DLL can be in the local folder in the global assembly cache (%windir%\Assembly) after it's been registered to be used.

Or you have the creator make an installer so you dont have to fart around with crap like that.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*