• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Looking for a banner / logo

Started by warz, May 14, 2006, 11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warz

I'm looking for somebody that would not mind helping me out. I need a banner or logo for my website, www.rafm.org. I need it to be simple, with some color and appealing. Keep in mind the background will be white.

I really have no other specifications. The image will be centered. It shouldn't be huge.

The site will eventually be something similar to slashdot.org, or other computer/electronics related news site.

Spht

Quote from: warz on May 14, 2006, 11:47 AM
The site will eventually be something similar to slashdot.org, or other computer/electronics related news site.

Looks like you're well on your way.

Hero

warz

Quote from: Spht on May 17, 2006, 01:11 PM
Quote from: warz on May 14, 2006, 11:47 AM

Looks like you're well on your way.

Well, one disappointing thing about PHP, MySQL and stuff, is you can sit down and work for an hour  or so, off and on, and the end result is something that doesn't even effect the look of your site. I'm making slow, slow progress on this site, because I get bored real quick of PHP. I always have.

I just got my login / register scripts working to a point that I can start adding user features. I also reorganized the locations of the links, etc. It's slow progress, and it'll never compete with slashdot, but what I meant by saying that it will be similar to it is that it might provide some sort of service that people will find useful. I don't know yet.

But, yes, I am well on my way, smartass.

Tazo

Spht

I tried to incorporate some of the colors and font styles used on your web site in my logo.  Hope you like.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Spht on May 18, 2006, 09:06 PM
I tried to incorporate some of the colors and font styles used on your web site in my logo.  Hope you like.

ROFL.  <3 Spht.  :)
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

rabbit

warz, a little note: "sign in" still shows up in the top right even when logged in :P
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

FrOzeN

~ FrOzeN

warz

Quote from: rabbit on May 19, 2006, 06:52 AM
warz, a little note: "sign in" still shows up in the top right even when logged in :P

It should be sign out.

rabbit

should != is

Just checked again, still says "sign in".
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

warz

What browser are you using? Are you allowing cookies? Does it display your user name up top when youre signed in? Which page does this occur on? Or does it occur on all pages?

Tazo

I like FrOzEn's banner a lot. Nice job. It would be cool if the theme of the site also had that C++ code like background.

rabbit

Quote from: warz on May 19, 2006, 12:21 PM
What browser are you using? Are you allowing cookies? Does it display your user name up top when youre signed in? Which page does this occur on? Or does it occur on all pages?
Hm...odd....
I'm using Firefox, and cookies are on.  I have to login twice to get actually logged in...

[edit]
On a side note, I'd be happy to help out with anything you need, except images (I suck at PS).

Mitosis

if you want it to look the slightest bit prof, fix the damn kerning