• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

pastebin script

Started by warz, May 09, 2006, 07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warz

If anyone hangs out in most programming channels on efnet, such as #c++, #asm, etc, then you're probably familiar with the "nopaste" or "pastebin" scripts they encourage you to use.

I have made one similar to most others around, but I feel it's quicker and more efficient because it's not flatfile, like a lot of the ones out there. It has syntax highlighting for most languages.

Feel free to check it out, and use it. http://www.rafm.org/paste

For an example of the syntax highlighting, and a sweet dll injector class, check here http://www.rafm.org/paste/results.php?id=19 :-)

FrostWraith

I used something like this b4 ( i think same people)
http://rafb.net

Newby

- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

warz

Quote from: FrostWraith on May 09, 2006, 03:54 PM
I used something like this b4 ( i think same people)
http://rafb.net

Yes. I got the idea for the script from a site similar to rafb.net - I got the idea for my site title from rafb.net. :-P

MyndFyre

Eww -- I pasted my DataFormatter class (1.3.0.6) and your bin didn't persist my tabs (which are extended to spaces) and didn't parse my C# XML comments (which you see in my output but not yours).

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

warz

I'll work on it some more. :-( hehe

It doesn't like your HTML-style comments.

MyndFyre

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

warz

warz

Actually, after some research, pre tags seem to be depricated. I've switched it to largely css.

I also added line numbers and word wrapping. It looks real pretty in IE, but the word wrapping isn't working yet on firefox.

MyndFyre

I don't know if your script does this, but whenever I process HTML, I immediately replace all instances of:

& with &amp;
< with &lt;
> with &gt;

Wasn't sure if you did that or not, just thought I'd throw it out there.  ;-)

warz

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on May 14, 2006, 02:25 AM
I don't know if your script does this, but whenever I process HTML, I immediately replace all instances of:

& with &amp;
< with &lt;
> with &gt;

Wasn't sure if you did that or not, just thought I'd throw it out there.  ;-)

Yes, there is a php function called htmlentities() that does this.

raylu

You might htmlspecialchars instead. It doesn't translate quite as much; only the special characters.
Pie?

warz

The pastebin script now supports commenting. Pastes posted by non-registered users, as anonymous, last only 24 hours. Pastes posted by registered users lasts a month. Registered users may comment on any paste. Non-registered users may not make comments, but may view them.

Example here

rabbit

Any way to get a longer paste without repasting?
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.