• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Your take on the National Anthem in spanish.

Started by CrAz3D, May 02, 2006, 12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topaz

This reminds me of that big issue about Muhammed's words being originally spoken in Arabic, and so it was blasphemous(?) to translate it into other languages (this is a longstanding debate, i think...).
RLY...?

Falcon[anti-yL]

Crazed why do you refer to Spanish speaking people as "illegals"? About the translation of the song, I don't see anything wrong with it, more people can sing our national anthem in their own language now.

Its the same thing as reading a bible, bibles have been translated into many languages, and I haven't heard of people complaining about breaking the "holiness" of the scripture yet. I think Crazed has too much nationalism or however you say it.

Couldn't the "its time to break the chains" part mean something like breaking the chains Great Britain put on its colonists in America?

CrAz3D

When I've said illegals I've meant illegals, it is appropriate.

Quote from: CrAz3D on May 02, 2006, 04:27 PM
QuoteThe song honors the perseverance of the militia fighting for their beliefs in freedom and the sovereignty of the individual and of the American colonies.
Kind of ironic, if that is the true meaning of it, that these illegals are singing it then, don't ya think?  They are destroying American sovereignty yet at the same time supporting it?

Quote from: CrAz3D on May 02, 2006, 08:55 PM
Also, couldn't it be argued that by them (illegals) intruding they are intruding upon my sovereignty?

Each time I've said it and meant it, they are illegal.  Also, its all illegal imigrants in general, but mostly Mexicans (I don't think they're refered to as Spanish...I think Spaniards are Spanish people)
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Rule

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on May 05, 2006, 05:53 AM
I think Crazed has too much nationalism or however you say it.

'Jingoism' is more precisely what Crazed practices.  Many leaders, including Hitler and Mussolini, have tried to instill this sort of nationalism in a group of people in order to fuel irrational support for war motions, or to facilitate other dark agendas.

Quote from:
jin·go·ism        n.
Extreme nationalism characterized especially by a belligerent foreign policy; chauvinistic patriotism.

CrAz3D

Whats wrong with wanting to keep America on top?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...