• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

BasicOP

Started by TheMinistered, April 28, 2006, 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMinistered

I'm going to begin a project called 'BasicOP' which is going to be designed almost entirely like JavaOP; entirely plugin oriented.  If anyone is interested in helping with this project give me a holla!!  On another interesting side note:  I will be making this entirely native vb -- i.e. no third party controls/libraries will be used and everything will be done locally via visual basic 6.0

TheMinistered

Me and a few friends have got some basic GUI stuff implemented as well as most of the plugin code that'll be used.  It will essentially expose the same kind of functions and callbacks as JavaOP does, because this will save a lot of time design wise i.e. not reinventing the wheel! thx again iago :P

Mystical

WiLD

I was thinking of the same thing, making a 'plug-in bot'. I was about to post asking the best way to go about doing plugins.

I dont know about you but i planned on having pretty much everything as a plugin. - Commands etc.

Well if you're still looking for a hand or something let me know.

BasicOp sounds much better then the name i had in mind.... "plug-in bot" ;D

PM Me
=_=  &&  g0dFraY  &&  -=Templar=-  @USWest

Joe[x86]

If you program the exact same API, or really close, I'd be glad to port some of the plugins over.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Clan CDH

i wouldnt mind designing the interface, as I know what the average user would want to see and etc.

And I also wouldn't mind designing a site and some other things

AIM:  SuperKenshinX
MSN:  [email protected]

Networks

Quote from: Clan CDH on July 23, 2006, 10:43 PM
i wouldnt mind designing the interface, as I know what the average user would want to see and etc.

What would be the point? It's an operator bot, it's not supposed to be visually appealing anyway.

Falcon[anti-yL]

Quote from: Networks on August 01, 2006, 01:26 AM

What would be the point? It's an operator bot, it's not supposed to be visually appealing anyway.
Well the bot is plugin oriented so it could either be used for chatting or moderation.

Yegg

An operator bot could always have "two parts". A graphical interface, and a command-line/terminal interface. So the GUI part of the application could be where things are configured and done in a visual manner, this is easier on the user I would assume, and the command-line/terminal part would be where I/O goes, this part should be here of course so the application does not crash. The command-line/terminal part would of course be its own application. It's an idea I've considered, if I ever decided to write a Battle.net client one of these days.

PS. I needed my 900th post :).

Warrior

Quote from: Yegg on August 01, 2006, 12:58 PM

An operator bot could always have "two parts". A graphical interface, and a command-line/terminal interface. So the GUI part of the application could be where things are configured and done in a visual manner, this is easier on the user I would assume, and the command-line/terminal part would be where I/O goes, this part should be here of course so the application does not crash. The command-line/terminal part would of course be its own application. It's an idea I've considered, if I ever decided to write a Battle.net client one of these days.

PS. I needed my 900th post :).

What in the fuck does any of that mean? I've read it over four times and still don't get it.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Yegg

Quote from: Warrior on August 01, 2006, 05:23 PM
What in the fuck does any of that mean? I've read it over four times and still don't get it.

Which part do you not understand? I'll word it differently.

Have two applications that work together. One has a GUI, the other without (it is command-line). The GUI application can be used for anything that could make the life of the user easier. Making it easier as in having the GUI application allow the user to modify a database of some sort for the bot, change the configuration, anything similar to this. When it is time to connect, the GUI application could run the command-line program and the command-line program would load in the current bot files (any database needed, configuration, etc.) and connect to Battle.net. This command-line program would be what interacts with Battle.net, while the GUI application is used stricly for changing the contents of the bot's files. If it is necessary, the two applications can communicate to one another using whatever means possible depending on the OS (Linux has pipes, Windows has its methods, I am unsure what those are but they must exist).

Warrior

Quote from: Yegg on August 01, 2006, 07:25 PM
Quote from: Warrior on August 01, 2006, 05:23 PM

Which part do you not understand? I'll word it differently.

Have two applications that work together. One has a GUI, the other without (it is command-line). The GUI application can be used for anything that could make the life of the user easier. Making it easier as in having the GUI application allow the user to modify a database of some sort for the bot, change the configuration, anything similar to this. When it is time to connect, the GUI application could run the command-line program and the command-line program would load in the current bot files (any database needed, configuration, etc.) and connect to Battle.net. This command-line program would be what interacts with Battle.net, while the GUI application is used stricly for changing the contents of the bot's files. If it is necessary, the two applications can communicate to one another using whatever means possible depending on the OS (Linux has pipes, Windows has its methods, I am unsure what those are but they must exist).

Good, that's much better. Now I think it's a little overkill when you can just implement a plugin system instead of having to deal with message passing and all of that other bullcrap that VB shouldn't even be using.

If anything just implement proper error handlers and any exceptions which occured can be handled and the proper action taken. Seperating an application from another isn't going to solve the problem if the GUI for example hangs, it would probably starve the other App waiting to recieve notification and effectively probably hang them both.
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Joe[x86]

Do what I did with Network's opbot. He made a tiny little UI for it, for loading plugins and monitoring vital stuff. I wrote a plugin for it that gave it a full-fledged chatbot UI.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Warrior

Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=14864.msg156473#msg156473 date=1154637079]
Do what I did with Network's opbot. He made a tiny little UI for it, for loading plugins and monitoring vital stuff. I wrote a plugin for it that gave it a full-fledged chatbot UI.

An idea you stole from me. Bastard.

HardCoded.

Here's An Idea:How bout you build a bot that connects to bnet via hashing or bnls and also make it totally scriptable so therefore the people of battle.net can accually put there ideas into the bot rather then yours!
ZOMG