• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Opinion on marijuana danger

Started by Rule, April 27, 2006, 10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How likely is someone to (in)advertantly cause harm to another due to the influence of marijuana?

Greater than a 1/10 chance
4 (16.7%)
Greater than a 1/100 chance, less than a 1/10 chance
5 (20.8%)
Greater than a 1/1000 chance, less than a 1/100 chance
4 (16.7%)
Greater than a 1/100000 chance, less than a 1/1000 chance
1 (4.2%)
Less than any of the above options
10 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 21

rabbit

I know a lot of people who smoke marijuana, and most of them have mentally scarred each other, gotten themselves expelled, or actually, physically hurt somebody.  Personally I voted 1/10.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

warz

Quote from: rabbit on April 30, 2006, 07:11 AM
I know a lot of people who smoke marijuana, and most of them have mentally scarred each other, gotten themselves expelled, or actually, physically hurt somebody.  Personally I voted 1/10.

Irresponsible people. Probably would fuck up with or without marijuana, in their case.

MyndFyre

Quote from: warz on May 01, 2006, 12:50 PM
Quote from: rabbit on April 30, 2006, 07:11 AM

Irresponsible people. Probably would fuck up with or without marijuana, in their case.
I hate to tell you this.... I know you're living your dream... but "irresponsible" goes with people who use marijuana, period.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Arta

MyndFyre

Quote from: Arta[vL] on May 01, 2006, 01:41 PM
Rubbish.
It's not.  I think people who drink alcohol also are acting irresponsibly.  When you're high or drunk, your capacity to make rational decisions is inhibited.  Get too stoned or plastered, and you'll be unable to decide not to go drive home.

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Grok

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on May 01, 2006, 01:01 PM
I hate to tell you this.... I know you're living your dream... but "irresponsible" goes with people who use marijuana, period.

Please explain how irresponsible goes with people who use marijuana, period.

If this were a true statement, I could not name a single case where people who use marijuana were doing so responsibly.

Perhaps you should provide a sufficiently narrow definition of irresponsible so that it can fit this scenario.  Then I could agree.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Grok on May 01, 2006, 03:17 PM
Perhaps you should provide a sufficiently narrow definition of irresponsible so that it can fit this scenario.  Then I could agree.
Or maybe I'll just leave "irresponsible" to be my opinion such that the statement is true?  I don't really care whether you agree.  I still support legalization of marijuana.  It's people's right to be irresponsible.

warz

just livin the dream. ultimate rush, ultimate high...

Ringo

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on May 01, 2006, 01:01 PM
Dont you mean lazzyness?
Iv smoked solids for around 10 years now, and it has never lead me to make irresponsible decisions.
Apart from my teenage days, where i got into harder drugs, which i would class as irresponsible.
Why did i try harder drugs after becoming a regula marijuana smoker?
because i was an average irresponsible teenager who had no respect for the laws.
I think the persion would need to be irresponsible in the 1st place, but after smoking alot of marijuana, would find them self to lazzy to do somthing irresponsible.

Now you may call me irresponsible then i say that i past my driving test after smoking large amounts of marijuana.
My driving instructor couldnt figger out how i was driving perfectly, when all pre-lessions i was making countless mistakes.
He said i would most likely fail my test, but he didnt expect me to pass with out a single bad mark. (and nore did i)
And i had no plains on being stoned on my driving test, it was a case of got stoned and forgot.

And to this day, if i am not stoned why driving, i drive very irresponsibly, fast and careless for other road users.
Where as when i am stoned, i take into consideration EVERYPOSSIBLE thing that could happen ahead, or round the next corner, so that if the worst ever came to the worst, i am expecting it, and know exacly what to do and where to go, and can stop in a safe distance.

Now on the other hand, if i am not stoned, i would be thinking "take a risk" and go round the corner side ways, with no room for error, by me or other road users, which in my eyes is very irresponsible.

My persional opinion is that marijuana is given a bad name by yung irresponsible teenagers who abuse it because it is "illegal".
And marijuana can only damaged an aready damaged or weak mind.

Like drinking, its the few people who abuse it that give it abad name for everyone else.
Not everyone wants to be 14 and smoke pot to be cool and get high, some like to smoke it to unwind after a hard day at work.
But as long as the govoment feels they own your health, soft drugs such as marijuana will never be liegalized.
Just like guns dont kill people, people do.
So dont, blame the gun :D

MyndFyre

You know what, though?  Posts like that one just serve to reinforce my opinion.  It might be thought-out, but it's not really quality.

Ringo

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on May 02, 2006, 10:18 AM
You know what, though?  Posts like that one just serve to reinforce my opinion.  It might be thought-out, but it's not really quality.
Im not posting reall quialty, im posting facts :/
Like i said, dont blame the gun, its down to the persion holding the gun.
Should they be fit to even hold a gun?
Are they responceible enough to hold a gun?
Will they abuse the gun?
Are they old enough to be classed as "responceible" enough to have a gun?

Or do you just have an irresponsible 1 sided view?

[EDIT]:
Why should those who want the christmas tree they always wanted, be denied. :)

MyndFyre

Quote from: Ringo on May 02, 2006, 10:22 AM
I didn't say it should be:
Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on May 01, 2006, 07:23 PM
I don't really care whether you agree.  I still support legalization of marijuana.  It's people's right to be irresponsible.

Ringo

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on May 02, 2006, 01:04 PM
Quote from: Ringo on May 02, 2006, 10:22 AM
I didn't say it should be:
Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on May 01, 2006, 07:23 PM
I don't really care whether you agree.  I still support legalization of marijuana.  It's people's right to be irresponsible.
Irresponsible is a rather bad word? :P
Being under the influence of a substance such as marijuana doesnt make you irresponsible, period. (Unless you run your own drugs rehab or somthing)
Paraniod, argumentative, hungry, tired and green are some side effects that i know of, but irresponsible is a new one :)
What would one have to be responsible for to become irresponsible of being responsible for it after smoking small or large amounts of marijuana?

MyndFyre

Quote from: Ringo on May 03, 2006, 04:29 AM
Paraniod, argumentative, hungry, tired and green are some side effects that i know of, but irresponsible is a new one :)
Clearly you don't understand what I'm saying.  Smoking is an irresponsible choice.  It is a characteristic, not a side effect.

iago

Quote from: warz on April 29, 2006, 08:15 PM
All in all I only think smoking would get me into an accident maybe 1 out of a 1,000 times driving. I'm that confident in my abilities to drive. Now, fighting might be different. I would have much better chances of getting into a fight while high. That only stems, though, from the fact that here at texas tech univ. fraternities/sororities make up for like 35-40% of the student body. I'm in one of the larger fraternities, and we just won the greek blanket in intramurals which is the biggest thing amongst the fraternities. I see fights quite often stemming from this stuff. So, there's much better chances that one day I'll be cruisin around, stoned out of my mind, jammin to some sweet tunes and then find myself in a fight.

So if 1,000,000 people drive high in a week (I don't think that's an unreasonable number), then there will be around 1000 accidents/week caused by marijuana.  If a quarter of those cause grave injuries, then there will be 250 injuries a week, or about 50,000/year.  That's pretty high compared to nothing. 

But are people really saying that their ability to react to unexpected situations (like being cut off, having an animal run out, etc.) aren't handicapped by being high? 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

|