• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Main Menu

ClanGnome

Started by Spht, April 19, 2006, 08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Explicit

Quote from: Probe on May 22, 2006, 03:31 PM
thats a cute idea. i am not trying to be sarcastic or anything, but what is the point of it?

Read Spht's first post.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Probe

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on May 22, 2006, 04:19 PM
thats a cute idea. i am not trying to be sarcastic or anything, but what is the point of it?

Read Spht's first post.
yes i saw. so just to get a list of a bunch of clans then?

Centreri

It's a good and interesting idea, but before I knew it was a bot I was very annoyed by it when it came into my clan channel 5 times a day or so (more on some days, I think).

Is it battlenet supported, or does stealthbot support it? Whenever it comes into my channel and I'm on my stealthbot, it tells me ' ClanGnome is away (I am the Battle.net Clan Gnome! www.spht.net/clangnome)'; in special blue text which signifies that it's significant. I don't think regular accounts can do that.
Warcraft Archer Tactics Clan Silver Archers.

rabbit

It's because Stealth <3 Spht and you may have a greet on.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Centreri

So it's stealthbot-specfic? And greet's on anyway; doesn't happen to other accounts.

topaz

Quote from: Centreri on May 22, 2006, 05:20 PM
So it's stealthbot-specfic? And greet's on anyway; doesn't happen to other accounts.

...No. The /away feature is part of Battle.net

/away I am the Battle.net Clan Gnome! www.spht.net/clangnome

/w me hi

me is away (I am the Battle.net Clan Gnome! www.spht.net/clangnome)
RLY...?

Spht

Quote from: Probe on May 22, 2006, 04:50 PM
Quote from: Explicit[nK] on May 22, 2006, 04:19 PM

Read Spht's first post.
yes i saw. so just to get a list of a bunch of clans then?

It collects various data about A LOT of Battle.net clans.  My favorite feature at the moment is that this data is analyzed and the bot computes various clan ranks for each gateway.  This is useful for people wanting to find a clan that meets their needs (a common clan, an intimate clan, or just a place to hang out, chat, and game).  Additionally, the search feature allows people to look up clans and find bias-free information that would not be available anywhere else.

It's all about bringing people together. :)

Quote from: Centreri on May 22, 2006, 04:52 PM
It's a good and interesting idea, but before I knew it was a bot I was very annoyed by it when it came into my clan channel 5 times a day or so (more on some days, I think).

Is it battlenet supported, or does stealthbot support it? Whenever it comes into my channel and I'm on my stealthbot, it tells me ' ClanGnome is away (I am the Battle.net Clan Gnome! www.spht.net/clangnome)'; in special blue text which signifies that it's significant. I don't think regular accounts can do that.

When you whisper someone that is /away, Battle.net displays that person's away message.  I'm guessing that the bot you're using is auto-greeting it and it was designed to display away messages in the blue text you described.

ClanGnome is in no way affiliated with Stealthbot.

Centreri

All these battlenet things I never knew about. Thanks for explaining :).

FrOzeN

Haha, I just came across this.

http://forum.valhallalegends.com/index.php?topic=5805.msg49684#msg49684

Quote from: Spht
Not sure what the purpose of this is, but you could roam public Warcraft III channels and make note of every Warcraft III user that's in a clan, that would get you list of clan channels. As you get more clan channels, you would also add those to the list of channels to roam to find more people in clans. In an hour you'd probably collect over 100 channels.
~ FrOzeN

Spht

Quote from: FrOzeN on May 24, 2006, 05:31 AM
Haha, I just came across this.

http://forum.valhallalegends.com/index.php?topic=5805.msg49684#msg49684

Quote from: Spht
Not sure what the purpose of this is, but you could roam public Warcraft III channels and make note of every Warcraft III user that's in a clan, that would get you list of clan channels. As you get more clan channels, you would also add those to the list of channels to roam to find more people in clans. In an hour you'd probably collect over 100 channels.

I think that's the post that started it all. :)

KrewL RaiN

Gnomes are creepy, but this bot is soo amusing i find it funny....and creepy.......evil gnomes gerrrrrrr. It gets get the best robot on bnet award though =P

Keep up the good work and post up and updated gnome log of mass lol soon  :P which is probaly filled with wtfness and too much automatic sol bot gnome slaying and random /f m from my bot xD

Christ-

i have a Question ???

What Do the
    Average volume     
    Warcraft3 volume
    Non-Warcraft3 volume
    Non-Warcraft3 clan volume
    Member volume
    Non-member Warcraft3 volume

Mean?

rabbit

-.-
Average volume is the average number of users in the channel, which is obtained over multiple visits.
Warcraft 3 volume is the number of Warcraft 3 clients in the channel.
Non-Warcraft 3 volume is the number of non-Warcraft 3 clients in the channel.
Non-Warcraft 3 clan volume is the number of non-Warcraft 3 clan members in the channel.
Member volume is the number of Warcraft 3 clan members in the channel.
non-member Warcraft 3 volume is the number of non-member Warcraft 3 clients in the channel.

It's really not that difficult...
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Spht

Joe[x86]

Could you make a big list of all the clans in the database and the members you've seen in them (or at least the number of members) and average number of members inside the channel during a visit (perhaps seperate the day from night, midday to midnight).
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

|