• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Static and Dynamic Packets

Started by FrostWraith, April 07, 2006, 03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrostWraith

You probably know what I'm doing but are these the only 3 logon packets that are dynamic?
C->S 0x25
C->S 0x51
C->S 0x3A

rabbit

The only "static" packet is SID_NULL.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Joe[x86]

Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

FrostWraith

I meant as in being the same for me every single time i log on. Ive been studying and found that with the same key, username, pass, realm, product, most of the outgoing packets are identical to the ones i sent last time i logged on.

RealityRipple

Well, ya... they're your stats. Log into a different game with a different username/password on a different realm... the values will be different.

Eric

The server key is randomly assigned for every connection.

RealityRipple

I think "key" meant CD Key...

Eric

Quote from: RealityRipple on April 07, 2006, 11:12 PM
I think "key" meant CD Key...

In any case, the server key used in SID_AUTH_CHECK and SID_LOGONRESPONSE2 is different each session which means that the data in these packets also change each session.

RealityRipple

I wasn't disputing that. I just finished an OCX with all that fun stuff. I was just saying everything he listed was static... but static because of his own settings.

End result of all this: SID_NULL = Static. ALL_ELSE = Dynamic

rabbit

Quote from: rabbit on April 07, 2006, 03:46 PM
The only "static" packet is SID_NULL.
Which was the very first reply.  Thank you.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

UserLoser

Quote from: RealityRipple on April 08, 2006, 01:07 AM
I wasn't disputing that. I just finished an OCX with all that fun stuff. I was just saying everything he listed was static... but static because of his own settings.

You forgot 0x02, 0x10, 0x1f, 0x2d (c->s), 0x65 (c->s), 0x57 (c->s).

RealityRipple

Quote from: UserLoser on April 09, 2006, 01:12 AM
Quote from: RealityRipple on April 08, 2006, 01:07 AM

You forgot 0x02, 0x10, 0x1f, 0x2d (c->s), 0x65 (c->s), 0x57 (c->s).

Are those standard required login packets?

rabbit

RealityRipple

Exactly. And what was the question?
Quote from: FrostWraith on April 07, 2006, 03:17 PM
You probably know what I'm doing but are these the only 3 logon packets that are dynamic?
C->S 0x25
C->S 0x51
C->S 0x3A