• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Event-driven Socket Wrapper

Started by Joe[x86], April 06, 2006, 04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe[x86]

I was writing one of these for JIRC, but then I suddenly remembered the line from a book, "almost everything you do has already been done". Anyone know of any socket wrapper classes that use callback interfaces to provide a VB6 Winsock-ish connection?
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Banana fanna fo fanna

The Java EIO package. Look for it :)

Joe[x86]

There aren't any downloadable packages on sourceforge, and the homepage has a broken link. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place? I could really go for a ham and cheese omelette right now.

iago

Have you looked at mine?  You implement an interface which uses VB-style functions, and my class does the rest. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Joe[x86]

x86 is dead (again.......................). I'll check it out when I get home. But yeah, I'm pretty sure I've seen it before.

iago

Ah, nobody told me.  My ip changed.  It's updated now. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Yoni

Quote from: J on April 07, 2006, 01:37 AM
There aren't any downloadable packages on sourceforge, and the homepage has a broken link. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place? I could really go for a ham and cheese omelette right now.
That's disgusting.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Yoni on April 11, 2006, 06:02 PM
Quote from: J on April 07, 2006, 01:37 AM
That's disgusting.

Are you being Jewish and discriminating against pig meat?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Joe[x86]

Haha, sorry for offending you Yoni. And haha at me posting that on a Friday, of all days to talk about meat. =(

Sorc.Polgara

hahaha I forgot Yoni is Israeli.

TheMinistered

joe your such a newbie, why don't you do what you'e always talking about how you make everything you use and you don't like using 3rd party code and all that other bullcrap and do it the as you say '31337 w4y' and code it on your own

oh and yeah, i know this thread is over three months old cause it warned me... so don't try to play that "i'm gonna make him look dumb and call him a dumbass for bumping an old thread" just go ahead and die for me plz

Warrior

I wouldn't say he's a "newbie" for not reinventing the wheel. If he can find some working code with a license that's flexible to him, then why not?
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Banana fanna fo fanna

TheMinistered is a big tool and I am better than him in every respect.

UserLoser

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on February 24, 2007, 05:47 PM

not so true

Joe[x86]

Quote from: UserLoser on February 24, 2007, 06:59 PM

not so true

You're not so true.

You had me at tool.

What the fuck is wrong with you, TheMinistered? I hope you get banned, because this is just bullshit how you go around bumping stuff and flaming me.