• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

I think I have a nasty virus.

Started by Tazo, March 22, 2006, 06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazo

No idea..  :( I'm scanning with the online trend micro thing now, but it hasnt found anything yet. Also, I just reformatted after getting a BAD BAD virus, could it still somehow be in my system?  ???

edit: i was also testing proxies at the time.

WTF MY CURSOR KEEPS GOING BACK 1 SPOT WHILE IM TYPING 

WTF!!

MrRaza

Blame Firefox :), or you should maybe install those windows updates that are waiting to be installed.

LordNevar

Has this virus taken over your dekstop as well, and replaced your background image? Or is it just a Webpage warning?

A good fortune may forbode a bad luck, which may in turn disguise a good fortune.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exsist.

topaz

Quote from: LordNevar on March 22, 2006, 07:31 PM
Has this virus taken over your dekstop as well, and replaced your background image? Or is it just a Webpage warning?

Wide Open West is an ISP, I think...
RLY...?

MyndFyre

Quote from: Topaz on March 22, 2006, 07:45 PM

Correct, it is.

Tazo, if you need a pro to Remote Desktop to your computer to fix it, I have a reasonable service fee.  We can talk.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

LordNevar

Just look through your C: folder for html files, and you should see one stored on your comp with this page. Just delete that file, and run a complete virus scan and it should take care of your problem.

A good fortune may forbode a bad luck, which may in turn disguise a good fortune.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exsist.

MyndFyre

Quote from: LordNevar on March 22, 2006, 09:09 PM
Just look through your C: folder for html files, and you should see one stored on your comp with this page. Just delete that file, and run a complete virus scan and it should take care of your problem.
OK, seriously, what the fuck would make you think that this page is stored locally on his computer?

The URL *CLEARLY* indicates that it's at http://www.wowway.com.

Furthermore, it is not necessarily impossible for ISPs to do something like this.  It would be fairly simple to do, in fact, IMHO, with the right router set up.

Finally, since when does an HTML file create a virus for you through FireFox?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Tazo

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on March 22, 2006, 07:47 PM
Quote from: Topaz on March 22, 2006, 07:45 PM

Correct, it is.

Tazo, if you need a pro to Remote Desktop to your computer to fix it, I have a reasonable service fee.  We can talk.

I rebooted and installed Trend Micro and I seem to be normal now.. anyways, I dont have means of paying you, no credit card at 14 years old  :P
Quote from: MrRaza on March 22, 2006, 06:51 PM
Blame Firefox :), or you should maybe install those windows updates that are waiting to be installed.
It was actually just waiting for a reboot.  :P