• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Timer in a DLL

Started by Fr0z3N, March 18, 2006, 02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fr0z3N

I've tried googling it and used msdn but I can't seem to get any to work.

MyndFyre

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Fr0z3N

I've injected a dll into d2's memory, and what I want to do is run a timer that checks the users life every 100ms or w/e (making a chicken program) but I can't seem to get any working timer code.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Fr0z3N on March 18, 2006, 05:50 PM
I've injected a dll into d2's memory, and what I want to do is run a timer that checks the users life every 100ms or w/e (making a chicken program) but I can't seem to get any working timer code.
What is your code like?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Fr0z3N

void CheckLife() {
mylife = GetCurrentLife();
maxlife = GetMaxLife();
//sprintf(buffer, "Current Life: %d Max Life: %d", mylife, maxlife);
//PrintMessage(buffer,8);
// if (maxlife/Life > mylife) {
// PrintMessage("CHICKEN!",2)
// }
}

All I wanna do is be constantly calling that in a timer.

Fr0z3N

Quote from: UserLoser on March 19, 2006, 01:05 AM
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/windowing/timers.asp

Yet another timer function I could not get to work. Is there one where you can simply post the code instead of refering me to a website?

Kp

Well, I suppose he could post the contents of the website instead of posting a link to it. :)

Really though, I don't see how we're supposed to help you since you still haven't shown us your timer code, so we have no way of knowing what you're doing wrong.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

UserLoser

Quote from: Fr0z3N on March 19, 2006, 06:58 AM
Quote from: UserLoser on March 19, 2006, 01:05 AM
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/windowing/timers.asp

Yet another timer function I could not get to work. Is there one where you can simply post the code instead of refering me to a website?

So you want it spoonfed?  I find it hard to believe you wrote a library that injects it's self into another games process if you can't figure out two simple function calls and a callback function.

Fr0z3N

Quote from: UserLoser on March 19, 2006, 01:50 PM
So you want it spoonfed?

Yes.

I have no Timer code Kp, that's the problem.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Fr0z3N on March 19, 2006, 03:39 PM
So what you're saying is that you actually *haven't* tried anything?  These things that haven't worked just haven't been tried?

Warrior

Quote from: Fr0z3N on March 19, 2006, 03:39 PM
Quote from: UserLoser on March 19, 2006, 01:50 PM
So you want it spoonfed?

Yes.

I (strongly) suggest you learn what you're doing before you do it. Come on you expect us to believe you were able to somehow write a routine to print to Diablo II's chat screen yet not be able to code something as simplistic as this? Even when information is basically thrown at you, you refuse to look at it -- wait you don't even show signs of trying. Cmon man.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Fr0z3N

I tried it all, couldn't figure it out. I'm using a thread now so problem solved.

FrOzeN

~ FrOzeN

Explicit

Fr0z3N and FrOzeN, wow.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.