• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Oh snap, cop impersonators

Started by CrAz3D, March 14, 2006, 07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invert

I agree with Grok that a police officer should never violate your rights and that you need to know your rights.

Look at it from a police officers standpoint, pulling people over I would be cautious and scared so I would want them to stay in the car and have their hands on the wheel at all times. You never know what type of person you are pulling over. When you are being pulled over the police officer is more scared of you than you are of him.

Also, you are driving on public roads that have rules you agreed to when receiving your driver license so make sure you know these rules when it comes to police officers and highway patrol. Just know that you do give up some of your constitutional rights by choice when you drive on public roads.

quasi-modo

I was driving through georgia on state road 280 on my way back to jacksonville from auburn. This is a very large four lane state road which is mostly long distance traffic because it goes through a lot of rural areas, this part of it wasn't near any major cities (this was near Parrott georgia btw). The local police setup a road block in both directions to check for DUI. This added an hour to my already lengthy trip. It is a pain in the ass and shouldn't be done at the drop of a hat. It may not be illegal to setup a road block, but I sure as hell feel that it violates my privacy and wastes me time. Under certain circumstances they are good, like say block off some small local streets that are needed to get out of the area as the police are breaking up a large party, or for example road blocks durring superfest, or road blocks on new years eve. That is when they will actually deture drunk driving and catch a lot of people doing it. But by tossing a dart at the calander and another at a map to pick which road to block and when is a huge pain in the ass.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

CrAz3D

When I think about pros & cons of DWI check points I'm all for them.

Pro: I don't get killed by a drunk guy going 75mph in a steel death machine

Con: I have to wait a little while
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

quasi-modo

Quote from: CrAz3D on March 16, 2006, 12:47 PM

I'd venture to say that they are largely unaffective though.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

CrAz3D

Quote from: quasi-modo on March 16, 2006, 12:52 PM

If one drunk man is caught doesn't it make the road block effective though?
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

quasi-modo

Quote from: CrAz3D on March 16, 2006, 12:57 PM

Not neccessarily, it really depends on how drunk the man is and where the road block was setup. If it is setup at a time and in a place where it will deture people from driking when they know they are going to have to drive home then it is a good road block. If we want to stop everyone on the road to check if they are impared or not we can stop all drunk driving but then we will also stop all traffic from flowing. It is not good to setup a road block where it is going to be very inconveiniant unless there is a very high probability of there being a lot of drunken people on the road otherwise you just keep traffic from flowing.
WAR EAGLE!

Grok

Print this, put it in your car.

http://www.aclu.org/SafeandFree/toolkit/images/wallet_card.pdf

Oh yeh READ it and UNDERSTAND it.  If you don't ask questions and learn what this means.  Learn to recognize when you see rights violations, especially obvious watching Cops and other shows.

UserLoser

Blah blah blah more useless news

quasi-modo

If only it didn't day ACLU on the bottom of it....
WAR EAGLE!

CrAz3D

Quote from: quasi-modo on March 16, 2006, 01:29 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on March 16, 2006, 12:57 PM

Not neccessarily, it really depends on how drunk the man is and where the road block was setup. If it is setup at a time and in a place where it will deture people from driking when they know they are going to have to drive home then it is a good road block. If we want to stop everyone on the road to check if they are impared or not we can stop all drunk driving but then we will also stop all traffic from flowing. It is not good to setup a road block where it is going to be very inconveiniant unless there is a very high probability of there being a lot of drunken people on the road otherwise you just keep traffic from flowing.
I can understand having more blocks near bars/known party locations, but I still think in generaly as long as a block gets a dude it was generally worth it.
(ré-bun-dance)

Mystical

Quote from: CrAz3D on March 14, 2006, 08:31 PM
Quote from: MyStiCaL on March 14, 2006, 08:24 PM
my dirt town.. i get pulled over all the time in the mid of the night just for check ups.. or as they say "what are you upto at this time?" theres no populated or well lighted areas around here at night.. mostly end up next to a feild.. :| but i don't care im a dick to them as much as they are to me. if i have nothing then i don't let them do nothing untill they get some major backup, also i have never turned off my truck while being pulled over i could easly just drop it into drive.. and i don't think hes gunna try to climb up into my big ass truck nor even know how to open lambo doors LOL..
Lambo doors on a big truck?...eww

Anywhoo, if you're nice to them they'e generally nice to you

http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100015704.html

i don't think its ewww -_-.. its also on the myspace link but crapy earliy morning pictures in meh driveway, lol.

CrAz3D

Still not terribly fond of it on trucks...esp on the front & not the rear ;)
(ré-bun-dance)

quasi-modo

ewww

Anyway, a nursing student in jacksonville was murdered in her apartment the other day by a police impersonater. She let him in because he had a fake badge. Big mistake, but none the less, undercover cops are a dangerous proposition for just this reason.
WAR EAGLE!

K

Georgia has a state law which states that you can only be pulled over by a clearly marked police car (ie lights, "State Police"on the side, etc) I'm suprised more states don't have laws like that.

PaiD

In NY, There is a law that says that an unmarked car cant pull you over for a traffic violation.

|