• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

[VB6] Screen hooks to display text on a screen (Diablo II)

Started by Fr0z3N, February 27, 2006, 05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fr0z3N

Not much to say, I wanna print text on my diablo window (IE. winamp song, ping, fps or w/e). All tips are appreciated as I know nothing so far.

Warrior

Find the function D2 calls to display text when you type something, it should call an even more generic function, backstep into that then find out the address. Hook into the Render loop to remove flicker or find an address which changes on refresh to patch.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

topaz

RLY...?

l)ragon

Quote from: Fr0z3N on February 27, 2006, 05:23 PM
Not much to say, I wanna print text on my diablo window (IE. winamp song, ping, fps or w/e). All tips are appreciated as I know nothing so far.
You can turn on the FPS printing on in D2 via a command line "/command".
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

Fr0z3N

Quote from: Warrior on February 27, 2006, 05:29 PM
Find the function D2 calls to display text when you type something, it should call an even more generic function, backstep into that then find out the address. Hook into the Render loop to remove flicker or find an address which changes on refresh to patch.

Now put that in perspective when reading

All tips are appreciated as I know nothing so far.

Quote from: l)ragon on February 27, 2006, 05:58 PM

That was an example....

UserLoser

Or type "fps" in-game.

Fr0z3N

Quote from: UserLoser on February 27, 2006, 07:38 PM

Or type "fps" in-game.

That was an example I don't actually want to do that wow... Do you have any input for what I do want to do? (Print text on the d2 window LIKE the /fps commands)

Warrior

Hey, I told you how to do it. I've told you in other threads what you need to do as well, if you choose not to listen that's not my fault.
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Fr0z3N

I am choosing to listen, I am simply asking for it in more "noob" friendly terms.

If you could talk with me over aim or msn that'd be great.

Warrior

You're going to have to put some effort into this, google some tutorials understand game hacking, etc..

Fr0z3N

Just to update if anyone wants to do this, I had to inject a dll which I wrote in c++

typedef void (_stdcall *pPrint)(wchar_t* Text, char Color);

void PrintMessage(char *Message, char Color)
{
pPrint Print = (pPrint)0x6FAC6780; //function for adding message to chat
wchar_t Buffer[0x130];  //buffer (0x130 was maximum from what i read somewhere)
        //convert to WideChar (2 bytes per each character)
MultiByteToWideChar(0, 1, Message, 100, Buffer, 100);
Print (Buffer, Color);    //and print
}

Used:

PrintMessage("Inject Successful",1);