• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Starcraft Keys

Started by Guest, February 16, 2003, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Arta

For the record, I think they were considerably smarter in '97 than they are now. I think a lot of the people behind battle.net left.

rabbit

Has anyone looked at Blizzard's site recently?  Most of their news is "New Job Opening" stuff...
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Warrior

D2 team broke off into many projects like Hellgate: London. Don't know about SC Team. What makes this hard is since they left no one knows where shit is in the code (which may contribute to some bugs that have happened)
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

rabbit

All of those are 7xx7xxxxxxxx*...hrm?
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

FrOzeN

With a little closer look they all are 7x17xx3xx4xxx*

[EDIT] Looking some more any that have the second digit a '3' have the twelfth as a '9', and any with the second digit a '8' or '9' have the twelfth a '4'.
~ FrOzeN

rabbit

A small block in particular,
Quote7917843934646

All 79177x3x4x4*
Grah?

Spht

Quote from: Ringo on December 04, 2005, 02:57 PM
Uh, i just figgered somthing out, and noticed there can be 7XXXXXXXXXXXX* keys as well

Congrats.  Keep it up.

Quote from: FrOzeN on December 04, 2005, 08:14 PM

[EDIT] Looking some more any that have the second digit a '3' have the twelfth as a '9', and any with the second digit a '8' or '9' have the twelfth a '4'.

So...?

FrOzeN

Quote from: Spht on December 04, 2005, 09:50 PM
Quote from: Ringo on December 04, 2005, 02:57 PM
Uh, i just figgered somthing out, and noticed there can be 7XXXXXXXXXXXX* keys as well

Congrats.  Keep it up.

Quote from: FrOzeN on December 04, 2005, 08:14 PM

So...?
I was just elaborating on what rabbit said. The stuff in the edit was just a assumption which spiked a bit of curiosity on the list.
~ FrOzeN

GoaL

Here's what you may think is a stupid question, but why doesn't someone just for the hell of it, make a program that trys out 0000000000000 - 9999999999999 on the Starcraft Installer. Of course they wouldn't ALL be working on battle.net. But couldn't you then take that list and get better information from that. My personal idea is to do that, take that list, create a key tester and proxie scanner, then have the key tester update it's proxie list every 10 key tries, and have the proxie scanner append the proxie list with every new proxie, and let it run 24/7/365 on my windows server. If anyone would like to code this sort of program I would be more then happy to run it on my server. I do believe it would get better results then all of this guessing, it would give you a better portion of data to research on.

Tazo

Quote from: GoaL on December 05, 2005, 05:53 AM
Here's what you may think is a stupid question, but why doesn't someone just for the hell of it, make a program that trys out 0000000000000 - 9999999999999 on the Starcraft Installer. Of course they wouldn't ALL be working on battle.net. But couldn't you then take that list and get better information from that. My personal idea is to do that, take that list, create a key tester and proxie scanner, then have the key tester update it's proxie list every 10 key tries, and have the proxie scanner append the proxie list with every new proxie, and let it run 24/7/365 on my windows server. If anyone would like to code this sort of program I would be more then happy to run it on my server. I do believe it would get better results then all of this guessing, it would give you a better portion of data to research on.
Joe's sckmg.

Joe[x86]

Quote from: Tazo on December 05, 2005, 06:08 AM
Joe's sckmg.
=).

I'll probablly port that to VC++ either in class today or when I get home.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Arta

The means by which the installer validates keys is well understood. There's no particular need to try a bruteforce in that range, because we already know which keys will pass the installer and which won't. Bruteforcing all valid keys using a connection to Battle.net would take a very long time: there are 10^9, or 1,000,000,000 possible combinations (not 10^10 as stated earlier! Oops.) This would take a very long time to test, and I daresay that someone at Blizzard might notice. Figuring out the algorithm is (a) more interesting, and (b) more useful.

That said, I rather agree that all this guessing isn't very useful unless these observations are placed in the perspective of some theory and tested.

GoaL

So we already know the exact check the installer uses, then why not as I said run 0000000000000-9999999999999 through it, someone give me a list and i'll start testing lol?. I'm sure once i have a list of a few million real keys. It would be alot easier for research.

GoaL

I just had a program made in C++ that takes 0000000000000-9999999999999 and throws them through to make sure they are valid (only to install with), then output's to a key file. I cannot say who made it, but 20 hours and it will list every key. Anyone like to comment on this, and tell me what they think I should do?

FrOzeN

About 3 hours ago I tried the same thing with my code being:
#include <iostream.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main ()
{
FILE * pFile;
long i;

cout << "Press enter to start." << endl;
cin.get();
cout << "Making CdKey list..." << endl;

pFile = fopen ("cdkeylist.txt","w");
for (i = 0; i < 9999999999999; i++) {
fprintf (pFile, "%013d\n", i);
}
fclose (pFile);

cout << "\nFinished.";
cin.get();
return 0;
}

Though I remembered after that a Long isn't 'that' long and there's no basic cd-key validation or anything.
Seems kind of stupid idea. Here's what my file looked like after 2 and a 1/2 hours when I decided to close it:

I had just posted a topic about it on StealthBot.net here, oh well.

[EDIT] I realise this may be irrelevant, if so delete it.
~ FrOzeN

|