• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Free speech gone?

Started by CrAz3D, February 21, 2006, 12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invert

If I come up to a police officer and tell him that I am going to kill him I will get arrested. Does this mean that speech is not free in the United States?

There is free speech everywhere in the world. It's the consequence of expressing the free speech that differs around the world. Some countries are more lenient than others.

Now when it comes to this particular case being Jewish I would have to say that if he was not harming anyone with his belief or disbelief in his case then he should not be arrested or jailed.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Invert on February 23, 2006, 02:48 PM
If I come up to a police officer and tell him that I am going to kill him I will get arrested. Does this mean that speech is not free in the United States?

There is free speech everywhere in the world. It's the consequence of expressing the free speech that differs around the world. Some countries are more lenient than others.

Now when it comes to this particular case being Jewish I would have to say that if he was not harming anyone with his belief or disbelief in his case then he should not be arrested or jailed.
I think, then, we should just call it speech & omit the free since everyone has speech to a certain degree.

rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

|