• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Main Menu

Burning Crusade!

Started by Joe[x86], February 14, 2006, 07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe[x86]

Does anyone know exactly how this will be distributed? Free patch? Additional montly fee, then big patch? One-time fee?
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

l)ragon

Quote from: Joe on February 14, 2006, 07:10 AM
Does anyone know exactly how this will be distributed? Free patch? Additional montly fee, then big patch? One-time fee?
Could allways hope for a free patch, but it will mostlikly be sold as any other expansion is sold.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

Joe[x86]

I figured it would be much harder to actually sell, because then each server would be hosting two versions of the world: Burning Crusade and Default. I personally think it'd be much easier to just patch it. They're not doing all THAT much to it, just changing zones a bit (like they do with EG dungeon content) and adding new races (might be tougher).

Mephisto

Quote from: Joe on February 17, 2006, 04:35 PM
I figured it would be much harder to actually sell, because then each server would be hosting two versions of the world: Burning Crusade and Default. I personally think it'd be much easier to just patch it. They're not doing all THAT much to it, just changing zones a bit (like they do with EG dungeon content) and adding new races (might be tougher).

Well considering it takes forever to download a patch already with their download client, I'm sure a complete expansion that is several hundred MB's would take far too long to download, especially a month later if you are coming back to play WoW when everyone has already downloaded it as the speed depends on how many people are actually downloading.

Zakath

Don't be surprised if getting the expansion winds up being mandatory in order to keep playing.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

Joe[x86]

Quote from: Zakath on February 18, 2006, 02:47 PM
Don't be surprised if getting the expansion winds up being mandatory in order to keep playing.
I wouldn't be. I'm kinda wondering how they're going to pull that off, though.

topaz

Quote from: Joe on February 18, 2006, 10:39 PM
I wouldn't be. I'm kinda wondering how they're going to pull that off, though.

Restrict access to servers to users without the expansion?
RLY...?

l)ragon

From what I heard your soposedly going to be able to play both on the same server, only that the expansion is going to have access to the new stuff.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

Joe[x86]

That would explain why flying mounts will only be allowed in Outland.

But that still leaves Blood Elves and Pandarens (or whatever the Alliance race is) starting in Old Territory..