• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

a "Download only" bot

Started by Sanguine, February 13, 2006, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanguine

I'm pondering over the possibility to making a bot that can host download only games on frozen throne (read : custom games) to help spread custom maps, give an automessage to people, automatically kick people that have finished etc

Has anything like this been attempted before do you know? I'm wondering if there's some prior research on the subject of the protocol blizzard uses to send the maps to clients etc

Yegg

There are bots that support joining games for Warcraft III. I can't think of any public bots that do, but perhaps if the bot could simply select the map that it wanted to use, then making the bot you need to be made shouldn't be hard at all. All you really need is a bot that can join (well, create) Warcraft III games and use a designated map. For what you want it to do, it'd have to be slightly modified, so making your own project would be the best way to go.

I don't think there are any current projects that do just what you mentioned.

UserLoser

Quote from: Sanguine on February 13, 2006, 01:49 PM
Has anything like this been attempted before do you know? I'm wondering if there's some prior research on the subject of the protocol blizzard uses to send the maps to clients etc

Yes.  I had done this my self--my old bot hosted Tides of Blood on Frozen Throne.  Users were also able to chat in my "game" too, just the game never started so I was in the lobby only.

PaiD

UL: Care to help me in that? I am tring to do the same thing and I am stuck :'(

Sanguine

I would appreciate any research you have on the file transfer you still have, if you feel like being super sexy and helpful to me :>

Joe[x86]

By the way BNFTP was crafted, and how it wasn't changed much in protocol v2, I'd guess it will be rather straight forward to implement map transfer, once you get it reversed.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Sorc.Polgara

Quote from: Joe on February 14, 2006, 06:47 PM
By the way BNFTP was crafted, and how it wasn't changed much in protocol v2, I'd guess it will be rather straight forward to implement map transfer, once you get it reversed.
BNFTP is the protocol that is used to transfer icons, right?

rabbit

Yes, among other things, but users can't UPLOAD to it, which, Joe, shoots your idea out of the water.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

MyndFyre

How do you figure this?  Several fields were added to the request packets, not to mention you need to authenticate your CD key...
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

UserLoser

Wtf you talking about?  He asked about in-game file transfer...has nothing to do with Battle.net

Joe[x86]

Except for one thing: the protocols were written by the same developers, and probably in the same overall style. Think, UL! Think!

@MyndFyre:
Beyond the first fields, the file is still sent as-is as a void, not encrypted/encoded or anything fancy.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

rabbit

You realize that 'void' means 'lack of data', right?  'Void' is used on BnetDocs as a filler for 'some sequence of data types'?  Files are send in-game via uint_32[].
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

UserLoser

Quote from: Joe on February 15, 2006, 10:30 PM
Except for one thing: the protocols were written by the same developers, and probably in the same overall style. Think, UL! Think!

@MyndFyre:
Beyond the first fields, the file is still sent as-is as a void, not encrypted/encoded or anything fancy.

Actually, no, considering I have done it before like I said...they have nothing in common at all.

Second thought, I think you don't know what this thread is about.  Why mention BnFtp when it has nothing to do with it at all?  That's like posting news in the Fun Forum--totally unrelated.

Sorc.Polgara

I'd think UL would know since he has already made a bot like this...

UserLoser

Quote from: Sorc.Polgara on February 16, 2006, 11:57 PM
I'd think UL would know since he has already made a bot like this...

Nearly three years ago I might add & I don't have this anymore.

Infact, I just formatted and reinstalled Win2k3 so I have nothing at all! (I need to find where I hit VS .NET 2k3 Enterprise Architect on my mom's computer over the network along with VB6 so I can reinstall them :))