• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

PHP ClanScript working with Webbot?

Started by moh.vze.com, February 11, 2006, 11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moh.vze.com

SPHT, is there a way for a clanscript to work with the webbot in a manner where only logged in members on the website can chat off the webbot?

Like say member M
  • H-Bob is logged in my website and goes to the webbot html page to chat. As he chat, the webbot will force the username M
  • H-Bob: (his text)
    Lets say he types: "Hello world!"
    The message sent out will be: "[21:53:16] <WebBot> M
  • H-Bob: Hello world"
    It would be pretty cool for the webbot to show which member is typing out of the webbot.
    It is also a good way to prevent fags that know the password to the webbot to abuse the webbot.
    I.E: Guy goes on my webbot and uses it to go cuss out a blizzard rep.

Hmm my idea seems confusing... but I'm just wondering if it is possible to do something like that.

Newby

Quote from: moh.vze.com on February 11, 2006, 11:58 PM

It would still be funny, because it would mute you. Hahahaha.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

rabbit

Quote from: moh.vze.com on February 11, 2006, 11:58 PM
SPHT, is there a way for a clanscript to work with the webbot in a manner where only logged in members on the website can chat off the webbot?

Like say member M
  • H-Bob is logged in my website and goes to the webbot html page to chat. As he chat, the webbot will force the username M
  • H-Bob: (his text)
    Lets say he types: "Hello world!"
    The message sent out will be: "[21:53:16] <WebBot> M
  • H-Bob: Hello world"
    It would be pretty cool for the webbot to show which member is typing out of the webbot.
    It is also a good way to prevent fags that know the password to the webbot to abuse the webbot.

Hmm my idea seems confusing... but I'm just wondering if it is possible to do something like that.

All of this is quite easily done with a little PHP and some time.  Of course, if you have clan scripts which are encrypted, it becomes pretty hard almost immediately.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.