• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Question.

Started by Sorc.Polgara, February 10, 2006, 05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorc.Polgara

Ok, so awhile ago I asked if it was possible to obtain other players IP Address via custom Warcraft III games and I was told that it is not.

Well, I'm now confused, if this is true then how does programs like BanList obtain them?  I'm thinking that what I was told is false, because it doesn't make sense unless Bnet acts as a middle man for the connections between a custom game host and the other players...

PaiD

you where lied to. Custom games do not involve Battle.Net for the game part. You only report the game was made/results to bnet. Games are hosted Player <-> Player.

Mystical

Quote from: Savior on February 10, 2006, 12:34 PM
you where lied to. Custom games do not involve Battle.Net for the game part. You only report the game was made/results to bnet. Games are hosted Player <-> Player.

I haven't looked into the WAR3 gaming support, but If games are hosted player to player then can't you just cut out the middle man? and not send a report thus still playing a player to player?

PaiD

UserLoser

Quote from: Sorc.Polgara on February 10, 2006, 05:37 AM
Ok, so awhile ago I asked if it was possible to obtain other players IP Address via custom Warcraft III games and I was told that it is not.

Well, I'm now confused, if this is true then how does programs like BanList obtain them?  I'm thinking that what I was told is false, because it doesn't make sense unless Bnet acts as a middle man for the connections between a custom game host and the other players...

Arranged teams games you can get your own teammates IP addresses, custom games you can get anyone's IP addresses, that is all.