• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Unknown Protocol ID

Started by PaiD, February 09, 2006, 03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaiD

I wanted to see what other protocol ids there where, so I started to play around and found this. Anyone know what it is/does?

0x00 - Disconnected
0x01 - Games
0x02 - FTP
0x03 - Telnet
0x04 - Disconnected
0x05 - Disconnected
0x06 - Connected (Unknown)

This is what I recieved when I connected (after some more reconnects, I found that this changes)

0000:  7A CD 40 D9                                       zÍ@Ù............

Ringo

Odd, the W3 Demo server also supports this protocol..
I Sent 0x50 to USWest after the protocol byte, and it disced me:

17 CB 5E 3A   ..^:

DC 08 6D 62 E5 27 E8 DD 04 8F 28 65 FF E7 19 AB   ..mb.'....(e....
  EB 22 25 65 50 4A 2A DB   ."%ePJ*.

I get nothing but random data back, and the 1st responce doesnt always get sent
hmm, let us know what you find out with this, it may be somthing interesting.
At a glance tho, the 4 byte responce to the protocol byte, i would guess is a server token of some kind.

PaiD

Want to send me the W3 Demo?

Edit: I think it is some kind of Server-to-Server connection

Ringo

http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3/demos/Warcraft3_Demo.zip
The server is 63.241.83.103:6112 (same as bnet protocol, but theres no chat and all fields in all packets other than account login is ignored)
If the data from it isnt random, i would say its compressed or encrpyted :(

UserLoser

Quote from: Ringo on February 09, 2006, 04:03 AM
http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3/demos/Warcraft3_Demo.zip
The server is 63.241.83.103:6112 (same as bnet protocol, but theres no chat and all fields in all packets other than account login is ignored)
If the data from it isnt random, i would say its compressed or encrpyted :(

Yeah, I think one of those is an encrypted protocol

LordNevar

I'm not positive, but isn't this the connection that's used by Battle.net Reps? The information that your recieving is probably a decline message. I believe this is what Techbot uses in (Blizzard Tech Support) on USWest.

A good fortune may forbode a bad luck, which may in turn disguise a good fortune.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exsist.

UserLoser

Quote from: LordNevar on February 09, 2006, 07:44 PM
I'm not positive, but isn't this the connection that's used by Battle.net Reps? The information that your recieving is probably a decline message. I believe this is what Techbot uses in (Blizzard Tech Support) on USWest.

And you pulled this from how far up your ass?

Tazo

Quote from: UserLoser on February 10, 2006, 12:10 AM

UL You dont know what its for so dont get on his case. He also said he wasn't positive so its not like he was trying to state facts.  ???

topaz

LordNevar is known for posting bullshit.
RLY...?

MyndFyre

Quote from: Tazo on February 10, 2006, 02:39 PM
Quote from: UserLoser on February 10, 2006, 12:10 AM

UL You dont know what its for so dont get on his case. He also said he wasn't positive so its not like he was trying to state facts.  ???

Why would Blizzard even expose publically a protocol used by reps when it would be infinitesimally more secure to just associate account names with Blizzard rep standing?

It's highly more likely that this particular protocol is used for interserver communication.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

UserLoser

Btw, I should have mentioned that the ability of being a "Blizzard Representative" on Battle.net is held by the flags stored in the account database.  I won't mention how, or who, but this was proved in the past through a now patched exploit in a few of Battle.net's servers & is also the reason why Blizzard Representatives use the Blizzard namespace

Ringo

Quote from: MyndFyre on February 10, 2006, 05:12 PM
It's highly more likely that this particular protocol is used for interserver communication.
I would say thats the most plausible explanation so far. :)
It would be interesting to know what its really used for tho :P

rabbit

Let's poke it and find out :)
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

topaz

Quote from: UserLoser on February 11, 2006, 12:30 AM
Btw, I should have mentioned that the ability of being a "Blizzard Representative" on Battle.net is held by the flags stored in the account database.  I won't mention how, or who, but this was proved in the past through a now patched exploit in a few of Battle.net's servers & is also the reason why Blizzard Representatives use the Blizzard namespace

Heh, yeah, I remember when it was just 'nathan.l' instead of 'Nathan.L@Blizzard'.
RLY...?