• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Is this what the Democratic party has come to?

Started by DarkMinion, February 07, 2006, 08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrAz3D

Quote from: Arta[vL] on February 09, 2006, 08:40 AM
Making the (perhaps unfounded) assumption that Mrs King was politically active, and was fighting for civil rights and racial equality:

This doesn't seem that bad to me. You're all assuming that it's bad, but really, the relevant question is: is it what Mrs King would have wanted? Was she an activist? Would she have approved? Was the Order of Service written or approved by her family?

It seems perfectly sensible to me that Mrs King may have wanted the publicity that her funeral generated to be used to further her cause.

You're all laying the blame for being 'dispicable' at the feet of the democratic party, who may or may not have had anything to do with it. What really matters is if she and her family approved of the service, and if they did, then you're all bitching about nothing.

That said, very little information has been provided in this thread, so perhaps I've got the wrong end of the stick.

Finally, this is not Bush-bashing:

Quote"We know now that there were no weapons of mass destruction over there."

That is a statement of fact, not an ad-hominem attack. Stop asserting that any criticism of Bush is Bush-bashing.

I think she must've been 'in the game' somewhat, it would be hard I think to be the wife of one of the greatest men in our history and NOT be involved.

It seems quite disrespectful for anyone to being bickering about anything at someone's final farewell.  The woman has passed away, it is time to honor her life as it is for most people that die.

I can't believe that she would want people to be bickering about politics at her funeral.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

DarkMinion

Arta, there were more than one political digs at Bush, by more than one person.  It's not the first time the Democrats have turned a funeral into a political pep rally, and it won't be the last.

MyndFyre

That is a statement of fact, not an ad-hominem attack. Stop asserting that any criticism of Bush is Bush-bashing.

If it's a statement of fact, it's incorrect.  The statement is made absolutely, meaning that it's wrong if there was a single weapon there.  We found many, just not what we expected to, which does not preclude the possibility that they were moved out or destroyed in the 6-12 months prior to the invasion when we made it clear that we were coming.

I don't know how media is in GB, Arta, but the story always goes the same here: there were no WMDs, so therefore Bush lied to America to start a war for oil.  That is the implication being made here.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

iago

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 09, 2006, 09:09 AM
Making the (perhaps unfounded) assumption that Mrs King was politically active, and was fighting for civil rights and racial equality:

This doesn't seem that bad to me. You're all assuming that it's bad, but really, the relevant question is: is it what Mrs King would have wanted? Was she an activist? Would she have approved? Was the Order of Service written or approved by her family?

It seems perfectly sensible to me that Mrs King may have wanted the publicity that her funeral generated to be used to further her cause.

You're all laying the blame for being 'dispicable' at the feet of the democratic party, who may or may not have had anything to do with it. What really matters is if she and her family approved of the service, and if they did, then you're all bitching about nothing.

That said, very little information has been provided in this thread, so perhaps I've got the wrong end of the stick.

I think she must've been 'in the game' somewhat, it would be hard I think to be the wife of one of the greatest men in our history and NOT be involved.

It seems quite disrespectful for anyone to being bickering about anything at someone's final farewell.  The woman has passed away, it is time to honor her life as it is for most people that die.

I can't believe that she would want people to be bickering about politics at her funeral.

This may be a stupid question, but did you actually READ Arta's post?  I see absolutely no relevence in what you said to what he said..
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

CrAz3D

Quote from: iago on February 10, 2006, 10:49 AM
This may be a stupid question, but did you actually READ Arta's post?  I see absolutely no relevence in what you said to what he said..

This:
Is in reference to this:
Quote from: Arta[vL] on February 09, 2006, 08:40 AMMaking the (perhaps unfounded) assumption that Mrs King was politically active, and was fighting for civil rights and racial equality:

This doesn't seem that bad to me. You're all assuming that it's bad, but really, the relevant question is: is it what Mrs King would have wanted? Was she an activist?

This:

Is in reference to this:
Quote from: Arta[vL] on February 09, 2006, 08:40 AMMaking the
Would she have approved? Was the Order of Service written or approved by her family?

....I think I got that all matched up right
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

iago

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 10, 2006, 12:08 PM
This:

Is in reference to this:
Quote from: Arta[vL] on February 09, 2006, 08:40 AMMaking the
Would she have approved? Was the Order of Service written or approved by her family?

....I think I got that all matched up right

That's the part I was referring to.  Arta asked if she would have wanted it that way, and you said that she should be honored.  Wouldn't it make sense to honor her by fulfilling her wishes? 

CrAz3D

I can't see how spouting your own political views publically at someone's 'final farewell' is honoring her.
They should do it right and not use her very public funeral as a forum for their politics...wait until later to carry out her wishes
(ré-bun-dance)

Arta

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 10, 2006, 12:23 PM
I can't see how spouting your own political views publically at someone's 'final farewell' is honoring her.
They should do it right and not use her very public funeral as a forum for their politics...wait until later to carry out her wishes

Then you're not looking very hard. It's honouring her if it was her wish for her funeral to be used to help further her cause.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Arta[vL] on February 10, 2006, 12:30 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on February 10, 2006, 12:23 PM

Then you're not looking very hard. It's honouring her if it was her wish for her funeral to be used to help further her cause.
I've never seen/heard of a funeral that was meant to be some public forum for people to go and say what they think.  That's why press conferences are held, news interviews, books, etc. all take place.
(ré-bun-dance)

DarkMinion

What the fuck?  Her cause was not honored in any way by the personal attacks flung by that dumbass reverend and Jimmy.  I'm sorry, but I'm not dumb enough to think that Iraq has anything to do with the U.S. Civil Rights movement.

CrAz3D

Quote from: DarkMinion on February 10, 2006, 01:01 PM
What the fuck?  Her cause was not honored in any way by the personal attacks flung by that dumbass reverend and Jimmy.  I'm sorry, but I'm not dumb enough to think that Iraq has anything to do with the U.S. Civil Rights movement.
Iraq, terrorism, wire taps, war, its all related now.
(ré-bun-dance)

iago

Then perhaps somebody should post a link or summary of what happened?  Arta was pretty clear in his post that he doesn't fully understand the situation, and neither do I. 

CrAz3D

While giving speeches about her life each 'offender' would throw in a little political message.  I believe Carter's was something along the lines of "civil rights, you fought...words...but just goes to show that even in today's world racial equality does not exist fully, example: katrina"

(ré-bun-dance)

Arta

What the fuck?  Her cause was not honored in any way by the personal attacks flung by that dumbass reverend and Jimmy.

I presume that you make that statement based the understanding you gained during your long, profound relationship with Mrs King.

If not, please address my argument, rather than just repeating yours.