• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Re: Web chat user login

Started by Denial, January 30, 2006, 10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denial

But the only problem i have at the current time is keeping a user logged in any idea how to do that my guess is with cookies and such or a temp thing to allow a use to keep logged in for a period amount of time...

spht i would also suggest you adding some type of mod so there can be a anti-spam chat because if alot of people are talking through the webbot it will disconnect for flooding because it has no delay for chatting through it.
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

Spht

Quote from: Denial on January 30, 2006, 10:51 PMBut the only problem i have at the current time is keeping a user logged in any idea how to do that my guess is with cookies and such or a temp thing to allow a use to keep logged in for a period amount of time...

Cookies is how most things do that.

Quote from: Denial on January 30, 2006, 10:51 PMspht i would also suggest you adding some type of mod so there can be a anti-spam chat because if alot of people are talking through the webbot it will disconnect for flooding because it has no delay for chatting through it.

Yeah, I hope to have that in the next release.  I've been rewriting SphtBot's flood protection method lately.

Denial

ok spht let me know when its done everything else is setup got everything figured out now all i need is the flood protection stuff
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

Spht

Quote from: Denial on February 02, 2006, 10:12 PM
ok spht let me know when its done everything else is setup got everything figured out now all i need is the flood protection stuff

You could implement some form of flood protection on your web interface, you know.

In the simplest form, you could only allow people to send a message once every 5 seconds or something.