• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

This little fucker should die

Started by CrAz3D, January 24, 2006, 11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hmm the interesting question here is why not the death penalty.  Such punishment I believe could reasonably be used when the victim could defend the action of killing the defendant in a criminal trial.

hismajesty

The death penalty I don't think is actually justified in this case because the women didn't die (or did I miss something?). Even if he was old enough.

CrAz3D

Hmm, to address a few points...

@iago & "curel & unusal punishment":
I believe there to be nothing curel & unusal about letting the grandma take a few whacks at the kid, it is punishment.
had the grandmother had a gun & been able to use it she could've dropped that punk kid right there & gotten off scott free because it was self defense, now it is just punishment.

@Grok & "tire iron":
If the tire iron kills/cripples the kid it becomes a 100% effective deterrent against physical crimes for that kid.

@iago & "our system":
I believe it is that our system is made up of General deterrence (make everyone not do the crime someone has committed), Individual deterrence (make one person not do the crime they committed), Incapacitation (remove person from society), Reform (fix person so they no longer desire to fix crimes), Vengeance (provide punishment & retribution satisfying victim & society).

One can assume that the kid lives with his grandmother because his parents don't want him &/or are incarcerated already.  I see it alot here :(.  That probably begins the long line of problems the child has had while growing up to beomce an f'd up person.

How to fix this f'd up kid before he is 18?  convince him crime is wrong, by any means necessary.  Jail doesn't seem to do it, usually, I think extensive physical treatment is the only thing that would work.
Drugs work, so long as you continue to take the drugs, but you dont always have someone there to force you to take them.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Douglas

No, no one died. The death penalty? Cmon, would you be as sympathetic if it was a healthy young adult?

- Stolen from rabbit.

Newby

I know how he can get help. Someone can skin him of all of his excess fat, and then forge it into a bat and beat him to death with it.

Shitfaced assholes like that deserve life in prison. I don't give a flipping fuck what family you come from, you're scum on society regardless.

I honestly think he should be tortured for what he did. It would deter him from doing it again.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

iago

Quote from: CrAz3D on January 25, 2006, 04:55 PM
@iago & "curel & unusal punishment":
I believe there to be nothing curel & unusal about letting the grandma take a few whacks at the kid, it is punishment.
had the grandmother had a gun & been able to use it she could've dropped that punk kid right there & gotten off scott free because it was self defense, now it is just punishment.
How can you even THINK letting a grandma beat up a kid is NOT unusual!?

Quote from: CrAz3D on January 25, 2006, 04:55 PM
@iago & "our system":
I believe it is that our system is made up of General deterrence (make everyone not do the crime someone has committed), Individual deterrence (make one person not do the crime they committed), Incapacitation (remove person from society), Reform (fix person so they no longer desire to fix crimes), Vengeance (provide punishment & retribution satisfying victim & society).
So jails aren't around to rehabilitate?  Then why don't we give everybody the death penalty.

Quote from: Newby on January 25, 2006, 05:44 PM
I honestly think he should be tortured for what he did. It would deter him from doing it again.
Luckily, we live in a civilized world and we aren't barbarians. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Mephisto

Quote from: Newby on January 25, 2006, 05:44 PM
I know how he can get help. Someone can skin him of all of his excess fat, and then forge it into a bat and beat him to death with it.

Shitfaced assholes like that deserve life in prison. I don't give a flipping fuck what family you come from, you're scum on society regardless.

Well, we live in American society where our opinions aren't valued and discarded (and in your case, luckily so) and the justice system is ineffective at administering proper punishment that works.

Newby

Quote from: Mephisto on January 25, 2006, 06:57 PM
Well, we live in American society where our opinions aren't valued and discarded (and in your case, luckily so) and the justice system is ineffective at administering proper punishment that works.

So please explain to me:

- why torturing him is a bad punishment?
- what punishment would be a good punishment?
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

CrAz3D

@iago "unusual":
Something that is unusual is not common.  Kids beating people is common, people beating their kids is common, both are illegal.  Parents spanking their kids is common.  Parents spanking their kids with a paddle/belt is common...both are legal.
How is letting the grandma punish the kid illegal/bad?

@iago "rehab":
Refirn is the same as rehab I think.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

iago

Quote from: CrAz3D on January 25, 2006, 07:41 PM
@iago "unusual":
Something that is unusual is not common.  Kids beating people is common, people beating their kids is common, both are illegal.  Parents spanking their kids is common.  Parents spanking their kids with a paddle/belt is common...both are legal.

First of all, are you actually saying that making a grandma beat up her grandson is NOT an unusual punishment?  I'd like to see a country where that isn't considered an unusual punishment.

Second, anybody beating up anybody is illegal and thus bad, you said so yourself.  So making a grandma beat up her grandson is illegal.  Period. 

Also, I just read what you said about removing an arm (I've been skipping over your posts lately, they give me a headache to read) -- Are you insane?

Mephisto

Quote from: Newby on January 25, 2006, 07:14 PM
Quote from: Mephisto on January 25, 2006, 06:57 PM

So please explain to me:

- why torturing him is a bad punishment?
- what punishment would be a good punishment?

"why torturing him is a bad punishment"

Well, let's see here:  U.S. Constitution?  Cruel & Unusual Punishment?  Ethical Reasons?  I could just see the publicity if we used torturing to administer justice.  If you were suggesting torture in a fantasy land where we could do exactly what it would take, then dismiss this post, but keep in mind the invalidity of yours.

"what punishment would be a good punishment?"

As Crazed suggested mildly, a proper course of rehabilitation to restore him to "proper" society.  Not torture.  In fact, I think torture would only worsen the situation by making him hateful to society and so he would be keen to inflict additional crimes on society.

CrAz3D

Quote from: iago on January 25, 2006, 08:54 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on January 25, 2006, 07:41 PM
@iago "unusual":

First of all, are you actually saying that making a grandma beat up her grandson is NOT an unusual punishment?  I'd like to see a country where that isn't considered an unusual punishment.

Second, anybody beating up anybody is illegal and thus bad, you said so yourself.  So making a grandma beat up her grandson is illegal.  Period. 

Also, I just read what you said about removing an arm (I've been skipping over your posts lately, they give me a headache to read) -- Are you insane?
I didn't say beat up, beating someone up is out of just being mean...& also I should not have said beat, spank would be more appropriate.

Many countries in the middle east remove body parts & it isnt unusal (or unethical in my mind).
Sexual predators should loose their winky

http://www.factsofisrael.com/blog/archives/000224-print.html
http://www.mg.co.za/articlepage.aspx?area=/breaking_news/breaking_news__africa/&articleid=251387
(ré-bun-dance)

Newby

Quote from: Mephisto on January 25, 2006, 08:54 PM
"why torturing him is a bad punishment"

Well, let's see here:  U.S. Constitution?  Cruel & Unusual Punishment?  Ethical Reasons?  I could just see the publicity if we used torturing to administer justice.  If you were suggesting torture in a fantasy land where we could do exactly what it would take, then dismiss this post, but keep in mind the invalidity of yours.

So, if it's written not to do it, it's a bad idea? Hahahaha.

It says I'm not supposed to pirate copyrighted material, but I do it anyways. I bet you're guilty of having done this at least one point in your life, as well.

Ethical reasons exist inside your head and may or may not be agreed upon by the rest of society. Some may react in a hostile way, others may react in a happy way, with the satisfaction that the kid got what he deserved.

Quote from: Mephisto on January 25, 2006, 08:54 PM
"what punishment would be a good punishment?"

As Crazed suggested mildly, a proper course of rehabilitation to restore him to "proper" society.  Not torture.  In fact, I think torture would only worsen the situation by making him hateful to society and so he would be keen to inflict additional crimes on society.

Haha. He inflicts more crimes, he gets punished some more. Eventually he'll figure it out.

Please elaborate to me the following:

- why he should be rehabilitiated when he is at an age where he basically has figured out what he wants to do with his life?
- what chance he has of being restored into a good sumeritan?

Semi-off-topic, but I bet you didn't want Tookie to get executed, did you?
- Newby

iago

Quote from: CrAz3D on January 25, 2006, 08:59 PM
I didn't say beat up, beating someone up is out of just being mean...& also I should not have said beat, spank would be more appropriate.

Many countries in the middle east remove body parts & it isnt unusal (or unethical in my mind).
Sexual predators should loose their winky

http://www.factsofisrael.com/blog/archives/000224-print.html
http://www.mg.co.za/articlepage.aspx?area=/breaking_news/breaking_news__africa/&articleid=251387

Ah, Israel and Africa do it, so that means it's a good idea for America?  Based on your arguments, I propose that we make women hide their faces in public.  After all, that's accepted and isn't unusual in the middle east, and I don't see anything unethical about it. 

I can't believe you kids are supporting torture and cruel punishments.  There's something seriously wrong with your country if kids are being brought up thinking like that...

Adron

Quote from: iago on January 25, 2006, 10:12 PM
I can't believe you kids are supporting torture and cruel punishments.  There's something seriously wrong with your country if kids are being brought up thinking like that...

Actually, I believe what the US considers cruel punishments could be very successful reducing crime. Physical punishment and then real rehabilitation, instead of the current prison systems. Punishment that is cruel, severe, and fearsome would serve to deter. Rehabilitation would serve to .. rehabilitate. And judging/sentencing could be changed - someone proven guilty beyond all reasonable doubt would get both parts, someone highly likely to be guilty could receive the rehabilitation part only. Accept that a few innocents are rehabilitated.

|