• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Spread program on all workstations in Windows network

Started by Banana fanna fo fanna, January 24, 2006, 09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UserLoser

My school threatened to expell me about two-three weeks back because I had the network administrator password (n0tell - what a crappy password) & because I had a file on my account (psexec.exe - from sysinternals.com) that didn't belong.  I told the admin guy in the conference room that his password sucks and he should really make it something stronger so it won't be able to be bruteforced in a matter of minutes.  He said "ok, I'll look into it" --haha

Networks

Quote from: UserLoser on January 29, 2006, 12:25 AM
My school threatened to expell me about two-three weeks back because I had the network administrator password (n0tell - what a crappy password) & because I had a file on my account (psexec.exe - from sysinternals.com) that didn't belong.  I told the admin guy in the conference room that his password sucks and he should really make it something stronger so it won't be able to be bruteforced in a matter of minutes.  He said "ok, I'll look into it" --haha

I know my admin's username and password. It's retarded: mm//**

Newby

My school threatened to expell me about two-three weeks back because I had the network administrator password (n0tell - what a crappy password) & because I had a file on my account (psexec.exe - from sysinternals.com) that didn't belong.

You got lucky. Why did you have psexec, again? I can safely guarantee if you had that on a computer out here you would be expelled within a matter of seconds. Hyper-paranoid system admins would freak when it could spawn remote processes as system.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

UserLoser

Quote from: Newby on January 29, 2006, 03:41 PM
My school threatened to expell me about two-three weeks back because I had the network administrator password (n0tell - what a crappy password) & because I had a file on my account (psexec.exe - from sysinternals.com) that didn't belong.

You got lucky. Why did you have psexec, again? I can safely guarantee if you had that on a computer out here you would be expelled within a matter of seconds. Hyper-paranoid system admins would freak when it could spawn remote processes as system.

Hmm why?  Let's say I was computer A, and someone else was computer B, and I didn't like the people at computers C, D, E, F, ...  Well, using psexec.exe I would command it to remotely execute shutdown.exe with some command-line arguments to on computer B to shutdown those computers C, D, E, F, ect.

i.e. B would execute:
shutdown.exe -m \\HBAC10919 -f -s -t 00

or something of that sort, I don't recall the exact command-line

Newby

- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Ooooh I can psexec my program all over the network. Sweet.

Thanks.

Meh

Us computer nerds at my college use flash drives to run MSN and other security blocked programs. As its notphysically on our partition they cant trace it to us especially if we log on under an anomouyes(sp?) username.

iago

Quote from: Newby on January 29, 2006, 03:41 PM

And they should be.  If I was running a school network, I would be wary of letting students (or employees) run programs like that.  Luckily, in government, the admin passwords were 14 characters long and alpha-numeric (we cracked them, of course :)). 

Quote from: Meh on January 29, 2006, 05:31 PM
Us computer nerds at my college use flash drives to run MSN and other security blocked programs. As its notphysically on our partition they cant trace it to us especially if we log on under an anomouyes(sp?) username.
They can trace what programs were run on the computer, and they could easily (and probably do) see your chat logs and MSN username.  They could likely trace it back to the computer that it was on and do something about it, but they probably have too much fun reading your chat logs.  I know I did when I was an admin :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Meh

What I meant was each computer has a basic logon such as NPC0023, where as an individuals username looks like MAS040633. NPC0023 doesnt require a password and is linked to that PC noone else. They cant trace what person is using the computer if logged on under NPC0023.

dxoigmn

Quote from: Meh on January 29, 2006, 06:00 PM
What I meant was each computer has a basic logon such as NPC0023, where as an individuals username looks like MAS040633. NPC0023 doesnt require a password and is linked to that PC noone else. They cant trace what person is using the computer if logged on under NPC0023.

All they have to do is look at the time the anonymous account logged on, check to see if any surveillance cameras were recording at the time and you're caught. If they're smart, they've have a special program alert someone when a user logged onto a computer anonymously, then run some sort of program in the background logging all activity. So yes, they can trace you. Especially if you're logging onto MSN thus giving away your email address in packet logs.

quasi-modo

I spoof linux with a firefox extension to get around their clean access based login system on the school computers and use the web based vpn login (in place for the unix and linux labs) so I can run whatever I want over the network without clean access throwing a shit fit.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Meh

We close the security programs down otherwise MSN wont log on. Majority of rooms dont have surveliance.

Joe[x86]

Quote from: quasi-modo on January 29, 2006, 06:58 PM
I spoof linux with a firefox extension to get around their clean access based login system on the school computers and use the web based vpn login (in place for the unix and linux labs) so I can run whatever I want over the network without clean access throwing a shit fit.

You sir, are lucky having firefox at school. IE, blah.

Also, just disable the proxy and you should be fine. Unless they actually know what they're doing and truely filtered..
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Eric

Quote from: Joe on January 30, 2006, 04:02 PM
Quote from: quasi-modo on January 29, 2006, 06:58 PM

You sir, are lucky having firefox at school. IE, blah.

Also, just disable the proxy and you should be fine. Unless they actually know what they're doing and truely filtered..

I'd imagine most schools use transparent proxies.

Meh

|