• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Help me find a new vid card =D

Started by Tazo, January 05, 2006, 01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazo

My computer has a shitty onboard integrated intel card...time to upgrade!
Price range: Up to $150
I'm not sure what will even insert into my computer  :-X
Its an eMachines T3624. I already added 1gig of ram and a sexy fan, final step is vid. card  :P I would prefer newegg because of their excellent support and fast shipping. Please help me!
Thanks in advance.

--> ah, heres a page with my computer specs <--

Explicit

Quote from: Tazo on January 05, 2006, 01:26 AM
I'm not sure what will even insert into my computer :-X
Its an eMachines T3624. I already added 1gig of ram and a sexy fan, final step is vid. card :P I would prefer newegg because of their excellent support and fast shipping. Please help me!
Thanks in advance.

Is it just me, or is finding out whether or not your motherboard's expansion slot(s) is/are AGP or PCI-compliant not on the site?
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Warrior

Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

shout

Why don't you open it and see what slots it has?

Tazo

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on January 05, 2006, 01:32 AM
Quote from: Tazo on January 05, 2006, 01:26 AM
I'm not sure what will even insert into my computer :-X
Its an eMachines T3624. I already added 1gig of ram and a sexy fan, final step is vid. card :P I would prefer newegg because of their excellent support and fast shipping. Please help me!
Thanks in advance.

Is it just me, or is finding out whether or not your motherboard's expansion slot(s) is/are AGP or PCI-compliant not on the site?
I didn't see it on there..
also, no idea what an AGP looks like, but since warrior reccomended it i will most likely settle with that one
edit: found a cheaper one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814131412

MyndFyre

Quote from: Tazo on January 05, 2006, 08:28 AM
also, no idea what an AGP looks like, but since warrior reccomended it i will most likely settle with that one
It looks different than a PCI slot.

Your computer is too ghetto to have PCI-E.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Explicit

As Shout said, open it up and take a look.

The second card  that Tazo linked to looks pretty neat, but make sure it's compatible.

Quote from: MyndFyre link=topic=13793.msg140635#msg140635Your computer is too ghetto to have PCI-E.

* Explicit[nK] laughs

"Too ghetto."

Tazo

No, I dont see any AGP slots (2 divider things inside of the box connector) I do see 2 of these things tho, look like this

(its fatter than that)

Is this any good? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814103167

I think its PCI, not sure.

MyndFyre

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Explicit

Quote from: Tazo on January 05, 2006, 04:11 PM
No, I dont see any AGP slots (2 divider things inside of the box connector) I do see 2 of these things tho, look like this

(its fatter than that)

Is this any good? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814103167

I think its PCI, not sure.

Yep, PCI then.  That card looks fine, btw.

topaz

What's the difference between PCI and PCI-e? Will a PCI-e card run on a PCI slot?
RLY...?

Joe[x86]

I'm no expert, but I think its the other way around. Reverse-compatable, not forward-compatable.

By the way, I need one too, and my range is only $75, or $100 from Walmart/Best Buy.

I need a PCI card.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Joe on January 05, 2006, 07:53 PM
I'm no expert, but I think its the other way around. Reverse-compatable, not forward-compatable.

By the way, I need one too, and my range is only $75, or $100 from Walmart/Best Buy.

I need a PCI card.

Uhhh.... no.  PCI-E is an entirely different standard than PCI.  It only retained some hardware architecture similarities; the actual connectors are incompatible.