• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Something odd

Started by Denial, January 02, 2006, 11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denial

Ok i came across of this by accident i was wondering if it's something new they implemented.

Anyway so i've been checking out cdkeys and such for something i've been doing and once in a while i have been ip banned because of it which is normal because i switched cdkeys to fast.

What i've noticed is each time about 20 minutes later i am un ip banned but here's the twist.

When i come back it logs on the bot but first says connection closed then logs on normally then one of my other bots does the same thing.

[21:17:56] Connection to server closed.
[21:17:59] Connected to server.
[21:17:59] Sending information on location.
[21:17:59] Connection to server closed.
[21:18:02] Connected to server.
[21:18:02] Sending information on location.
[21:18:02] Connection to server closed.
[21:18:05] Connected to server.
[21:18:05] Sending information on location.
[21:18:05] Sending CD-Key and version info.
[21:18:05] Passed both version and CD-Key checks.
[21:18:05] Sending username and password.
[21:18:05] Password accepted, logging in.
[21:18:05] Assigned name: Denial

For a few seconds. Now here is the odd thing.

Each time this happens i can load 1 less thing.

For example as a rule you can have 7 "things" loaded on battle.net from 1 ip.

After i got ip banned for the first time it went down to 6. Currently i am down to only being able to load 2 things. After i load 2 things and i try to load another bot. I either get a connection closed or a connection closed then another bot disconnects and that other one logs in.

What i was wondering is this a new method battle.net has put in place or has it always been there because i have not noticed it before a few days ago.
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

rabbit

Hmm..this may be what my webbot problem is.  I'm currently down to 5 on east.  It is new, as I have never had any problems like this before.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Denial

From what i've heard it's happening to a few people like myself so it might be something new blizzard is targeting people to test before they make it fully operational. Someone pointed this out as well to me below as blizzard's offical statement about what is happening.

A. You are entitled to use Battle.net for your own personal use, but you shall
not be entitled to:

(xvii) create or maintain, under any circumstance, more than one simultaneous
connection to Battle.net. All such connections to Battle.net, whether created by
Blizzard software products or by other tools and utilities, may only be made
through methods and means expressly approved by Blizzard Entertainment. Under no
circumstances may you connect or create tools that allow you to connect to
Battle.net's private binary interface or interfaces other than those explicitly
provided by Blizzard Entertainment for public use;

warz

Then you're currently able to load more than you're entitled to. There should be no problem. :-P

Denial

Na, Im pretty sure the method they are using is ip based so im going to test that in a second by using another computer , changing my ip, or using a proxy to test it.

rabbit

Blizzard allows for violation of that by not requiring the disc in the tray to be on Battle.Net.  I've loaded Starcraft, Warcraft II, Diablo II, and Warcraft III clients all at once with 1 CD-ROM drive, and had a nice chat with myselves.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Yegg

Quote from: Denial on January 02, 2006, 11:28 PM
For example as a rule you can have 7 "things" loaded on battle.net from 1 ip.

Hmm, I can load 9 "things". However 1 must be chat (or possibly a no-cdkey product, I havn't checked) and the other 8 must be using cdkey's.

Denial

Are you sure? because the limit for a ip should be 7 on 1 realm of battle.net. Except if i remember correctly you can only have 4 d2 "things" on at a time per ip.

Well atleast 4 D2 things on in a game off 1 ip at a time.

FrOzeN

I've always been able to load 8 per IP. Except only 1 Telnet chat client per IP. I've never tried loading 8 + 1 telnet, I assumed the telnet would take one of the 8 slots anyway, though, not certain.
~ FrOzeN

Joe[x86]

Quote from: rabbit on January 04, 2006, 08:03 PM
Blizzard allows for violation of that by not requiring the disc in the tray to be on Battle.Net.  I've loaded Starcraft, Warcraft II, Diablo II, and Warcraft III clients all at once with 1 CD-ROM drive, and had a nice chat with myselves.

Daemon Tools.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Explicit

Quote from: Joe on January 04, 2006, 09:29 PM
Blizzard allows for violation of that by not requiring the disc in the tray to be on Battle.Net. I've loaded Starcraft, Warcraft II, Diablo II, and Warcraft III clients all at once with 1 CD-ROM drive, and had a nice chat with myselves.

Daemon Tools.

You wouldn't even need DaemonToolz for that.  You simply load up one game client, go into some channel, and then move onto the next.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

FrOzeN

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on January 04, 2006, 10:31 PM
Blizzard allows for violation of that by not requiring the disc in the tray to be on Battle.Net. I've loaded Starcraft, Warcraft II, Diablo II, and Warcraft III clients all at once with 1 CD-ROM drive, and had a nice chat with myselves.

Daemon Tools.

You wouldn't even need DaemonToolz for that.  You simply load up one game client, go into some channel, and then move onto the next.
That is, assumming you have more than 1 cd-rom drives.
~ FrOzeN

Explicit

Quote from: FrOzeN on January 04, 2006, 11:37 PM
Quote from: Explicit[nK] on January 04, 2006, 10:31 PM

Daemon Tools.

You wouldn't even need DaemonToolz for that. You simply load up one game client, go into some channel, and then move onto the next.
That is, assumming you have more than 1 cd-rom drives.

You don't need more than one.  Try it for yourself.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

FrOzeN

I only have the games StarCraft/BroodWar. Therefore I can't do this. I never liked Diablo/WarCraft.
~ FrOzeN

l2k-Shadow

You guys are missing the point. What he's saying that you don't need to have your CD in the CD drive while in Bnet chat. So you can load Starcraft client, go into a channel. alt+tab, remove cd, put in d2 cd, load diablo 2, go into a channel, etc..
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.