• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

vL on wikipedia

Started by Ender, January 02, 2006, 08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kp

We're a niche group certainly, but I find it rather offensive to state that we're not notable within that niche.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

rabbit

As do I.  I know that a lot of programmers would not have been the people they are today without vL, myself included.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

shadypalm88

Well I at least voted to keep.  Probably won't matter though.

MyndFyre

I think merging into Battle.net would be in error; if anything, BNLS would be more appropriate.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Newby

- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Joe[x86]

*shouts loudly* MENTAL.. PUPPY.. DAMNIT!
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

hismajesty

* hismajesty[yL] motions for somebody to start the article anew (without it being such a stub and to actually have more information/reason for notability/etc.)

Yegg

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 13, 2006, 06:25 PM
* hismajesty[yL] motions for somebody to start the article anew (without it being such a stub and to actually have more information/reason for notability/etc.)

Someone from vL.

Kp

Why bother?  If they deleted us once, they'll likely not see the error of their ways when we recreate.  I find it amusing that the AfD page asserts that the sudden swell of support was mere sock puppetry.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

dxoigmn

Quote from: Yegg on January 13, 2006, 06:28 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 13, 2006, 06:25 PM

Someone from vL.

I don't think that is allowed on wikipedia. At least, there are rules against people writing about themself and I'm sure groups fall into this category as well.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Kp on January 13, 2006, 06:42 PM
Why bother?  If they deleted us once, they'll likely not see the error of their ways when we recreate.  I find it amusing that the AfD page asserts that the sudden swell of support was mere sock puppetry.

I think it was because people did it anonymously.

Since we'd all be "original source" content producers, I think we should put the article on Wikisource.  :P
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Arta

Zakath

If I was a bit more familiar with the Wikipedia system I might have done so myself. I had the same thoughts regarding the deletion process as you did.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

|