• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Custom Game Host Bot

Started by iooin, January 02, 2006, 04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iooin

Are there any bots that let you host a custom game to allow for downloads? Like if i want to host a download only game and don't want to keep wc3 running. If there aren't, how hard would it be to make one?

vuther.de

Are you saying that you want a bot that will host a game only for someone to download the map?

MyndFyre

Quote from: inner. on January 02, 2006, 04:19 PM
Are you saying that you want a bot that will host a game only for someone to download the map?

Nope.  He wants to distributed MP3s and warez through Battle.net.  Haven't you seen it?  It's all the rage.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Mesiah / haiseM

]HighBrow Innovations
Coming soon...

AIM Online Status: 

iooin

Yes, for it to host a map for someone to download. I'd rather host a dl only via a bot and not have wc3 running.

topaz

...That's not a bad idea, iooin!
RLY...?

UserLoser

Quote from: iooin on January 02, 2006, 04:15 PM
Are there any bots that let you host a custom game to allow for downloads? Like if i want to host a download only game and don't want to keep wc3 running. If there aren't, how hard would it be to make one?

My bot used too, except people could chat and such and I could do lots more of goodies.  It wasn't hard at all, it's just the lack of public knowledge of the w3 in-game protocol is what could trouble you.

iooin

So there isn't a current tool that can do this? If not, anyone interested in developing it? Maybe i could help some.

UserLoser

Quote from: iooin on January 02, 2006, 11:42 PM
So there isn't a current tool that can do this? If not, anyone interested in developing it? Maybe i could help some.

No & public isn't worthy enough for what I got & I'm only person I've ever seen with a bot being able to do this successfully.

moh.vze.com

That sounds pretty interesting.