• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

New to Battle.Net Bots

Started by Nachtlich, December 23, 2005, 01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nachtlich

Hi, Im Nachtlich.

I live in the US.
(Yes My Name is German, "adj. Nightly, Nocturnal".)

My BNET Accounts are Nachtlich, and Di.Gorn

Ive worked with Stealthbot, but found it not to be powerful enough. Someone told me to check out this forum, when we discussed creating our own bots. (This person had his own). And Thus, I found this place.

I am somewhat newbish to Visual Basic, but I take lessons at School (Minor, I teach myself and am way ahead of the class :o).
I am also a total newb at C++, which I am teaching myself via books. Heh..

Anyone have any tips on where to start, I want to start my own Bot program, via VB. I want it to be similar to Stealthbot, but obviously, I will make my changes to it. I dont know much about Winsock, which I am trying to get working right now, But I have a missing liscense problem (If anyone has any solutions, ?). If anyone has any sources for fully made bots, I would be very appreciative if you let me look over them :D.
Umm, Well, Thats about everything :D

l2k-Shadow

Simple search of this forum will give you many different opinions and advices on where to start. Good luck.
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

Falcon[anti-yL]

Mangix

Quote from: Nachtlich on December 23, 2005, 01:22 PM
I want to start my own Bot program, via VB
dont make it in vb. it's a crap language, it is outdated, and it overall sucks. you might wanna look into VB .NET or some other easy language

QwertyMonster

Hello and welcome to the the Forums! :P

UserLoser.

Quote from: Mangix on December 23, 2005, 05:52 PM
dont make it in vb. it's a crap language, it is outdated, and it overall sucks. you might wanna look into VB .NET or some other easy language

How about you explain why it's crap, outdated, and overall sucks?  Let's not try to blow away all the hopes and dreams of newcomers to the forum by someone like you supplying a negative stereotype.  Tell us what VB is bad for, and tell us what it can be good for.  I think VB is fine for an application such as a Battle.net chatter bot...

Explicit

If he wants to write a bot in Visual Basic, then that's perfectly fine.  If, in the future, he finds it too limiting, or inefficient, he can always learn another language.  The more languages you know, the better.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Warrior

Don't mind Mangix, he just jumps on the bandwagon.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Mangix

Quote from: UserLoser on December 25, 2005, 11:20 AM

How about you explain why it's crap, outdated, and overall sucks?  Let's not try to blow away all the hopes and dreams of newcomers to the forum by someone like you supplying a negative stereotype.  Tell us what VB is bad for, and tell us what it can be good for.  I think VB is fine for an application such as a Battle.net chatter bot...
it's crap because it uses runtimes, i don't like its syntax, and because it causes various problems when a user has an XP Theme active. it's outdated because IIRC, its last update was in 2001. the newest version of it (Visual Basic 2005) is actually VB .NET which relies on the .NET Framework so i cant say VB and VB.NET are the same. and it sucks because i don't like it.

edit:also since it's outdated, chances are that runtimes wont be included with Windows Vista. but thats just my guess.

Warrior

Quote from: Mangix on December 25, 2005, 10:55 PM
Quote from: UserLoser on December 25, 2005, 11:20 AM

How about you explain why it's crap, outdated, and overall sucks? Let's not try to blow away all the hopes and dreams of newcomers to the forum by someone like you supplying a negative stereotype. Tell us what VB is bad for, and tell us what it can be good for. I think VB is fine for an application such as a Battle.net chatter bot...
it's crap because it uses runtimes, i don't like its syntax, and because it causes various problems when a user has an XP Theme active. it's outdated because IIRC, its last update was in 2001. the newest version of it (Visual Basic 2005) is actually VB .NET which relies on the .NET Framework so i cant say VB and VB.NET are the same. and it sucks because i don't like it.

edit:also since it's outdated, chances are that runtimes wont be included with Windows Vista. but thats just my guess.

.NET framework isn't included either, go cry about that. Also you're retarded if you like the VB .NET syntax and not the VB6 syntax...they are almost same except VB .NET is fully OOP (iirc) which I doubt you take advantage of. 
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

FrOzeN

it's crap because it uses runtimes
Visual Basic # uses runtimes; Visual Basic .NET uses a Framework.
Obtaining these runtimes is faster than obtaining the (20mb ?) .NET Framework.

i don't like its syntax
That's just an opinion.

Personally, I hate the way the .NET Syntax is written and that is the main reason I'll never use it.
As programming is a hobby to be opposed to a job, I prefer writing code in a way which I like it.

and because it causes various problems when a user has an XP Theme active.
It only has some conflicts with XP Themes because of the colouring.
There are many workarounds to stop these problems occuring. It's a very minor glitch and as it's no longer supported by Microsoft, it does not need to be patched.

it's outdated because IIRC, its last update was in 2001.
Just because the language is old, does not make it worse.
One of the main advantages of it being old, is the immensely huge amount of Source Codes, tutorials and other resources for it.

the newest version of it (Visual Basic 2005) is actually VB .NET which relies on the .NET Framework so i cant say VB and VB.NET are the same.
The newer "Visual Basics" beyond VB6 have set a completely new epitome of the label 'VB'.
Comparing them is like comparing "WarCraft 3" to the "World of WarCraft" in some ways. There still both WarCraft, though they have new dependencies, new ways to be used, etc.

and it sucks because i don't like it.
Again, just your opinion.

No, they will be included.
QuoteThe Visual Basic 6.0 runtime system will be included in Windows Vista (the next generation operating system from Microsoft) so teachers who have Visual Studio 6.0 and want to use it into the future will be able to do so with Windows Vista.
Source: http://blogs.msdn.com/alfredth/archive/2005/10/31/vb_2005_faq.aspx#support

IMHO, Visual Basic 6 is probably the ideal language for a hobby programmer to make a bot in.
It's easy to use, lots of resources, majority of it's syntax is basically plain English and theres a numerous amount of people on these forums who have made a bot in Visual Basic 6 who can provide you support (If you ask the right questions and do use google / learn some of the language beforehand).

Also, Welcome. :)
~ FrOzeN

Eric

oh God... not another language battle thread.  I believe we have had enough.

Mangix

Quote.NET framework isn't included either, go cry about that.
and you know it's not included how?

QuoteAlso you're retarded if you like the VB .NET syntax and not the VB6 syntax...
i never said i liked or used VB.NET . i personally like C# cause the syntax is much more easier to read.

QuoteWhy don't you like VB6's syntax? Is it not easy enough for you to learn?
I just find c-like syntax to work better for me ;).

QuoteVisual Basic # uses runtimes; Visual Basic .NET uses a Framework.
but what's the point of using an outdated language?

QuoteIt only has some conflicts with XP Themes because of the colouring.
There are many workarounds to stop these problems occuring. It's a very minor glitch and as it's no longer supported by Microsoft, it does not need to be patched.
yeah. writing your own Menu, Toolbar, and other controls. that's what Microsoft did for all .NET languages.

Quoteoh God... not another language battle thread.  I believe we have had enough.
haha. this is accually the first i've ever seen :)

FrOzeN

Quote from: FatBastard on December 26, 2005, 01:12 AM
QuoteVisual Basic # uses runtimes; Visual Basic .NET uses a Framework.
but what's the point of using an outdated language?
1) It has more resources.
2) I prefer the coding layout.
3) I wish to make programs compatible with Windows 98, and majority of Win98 users don't have .NET Framework nor want to download it.
4) Just because it's outdated doesn't mean it's bad.
There's a shitload of reasons, outdated isn't a stance alone to stop using it.

Quote from: FatBastard on December 26, 2005, 01:12 AM
QuoteIt only has some conflicts with XP Themes because of the colouring.
yeah. writing your own Menu, Toolbar, and other controls. that's what Microsoft did for all .NET languages.
No, for one you could use a simple manifest in your VB6 program.
And there's probably other ways too though I haven't looked into it.
~ FrOzeN

AntiVirus

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus