• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Looking for really active person to register Webbots

Started by Spht, December 21, 2005, 08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spht

Requirements:

- Visits this forum at least once a day.
- Must have access to Botnet client (not webbot, must be bot that lets you chat on Botnet like SphtBotv3).
- Must wear webbot team signature tag (see my signature).
- Register webbots.

Reply.

dxoigmn

Why not automate it? Shouldn't be that hard to connect to the database and look for posts in that forum containing a certain text.

Warrior

Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Spht

Quote from: dxoigmn on December 21, 2005, 01:53 PM
Why not automate it? Shouldn't be that hard to connect to the database and look for posts in that forum containing a certain text.

Automated registration defeats the whole purpose of having a registration process.

We could easily allow everyone to have their own web channel feed without needing to go through the registration process (/bnw $4 set * B), but that would open it up to exploitation--we don't want 1000 autobots spamming the WebChannel service all day.  Human-monitored registration is necessary to avoid these type of problems.

Explicit

Quote from: Spht on December 21, 2005, 08:22 AM
Requirements:

- Visits this forum at least once a day.
- Must have access to Botnet client (not webbot, must be bot that lets you chat on Botnet like SphtBotv3).
- Must wear webbot team signature tag (see my signature).
- Register webbots.

Reply.

I'm willing to do it, but what I'm wondering is how you are going to choose someone.  The reason being that just about everyone meets those specifications.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

dxoigmn

Quote from: Spht on December 21, 2005, 04:10 PM

Automated registration defeats the whole purpose of having a registration process.

We could easily allow everyone to have their own web channel feed without needing to go through the registration process (/bnw $4 set * B), but that would open it up to exploitation--we don't want 1000 autobots spamming the WebChannel service all day.  Human-monitored registration is necessary to avoid these type of problems.

Not entirely true. The reason for registration based services is so administrators can control users. With anonymous access, it is difficult to control particular users.

It shouldn't be that hard to develop huristics to manage an automated process. If you're really worried about someone creating some program to auto post to this forum then you can use some sort of CAPTCHA to discern between humans and computers.

Spht

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on December 21, 2005, 05:29 PM
I'm willing to do it, but what I'm wondering is how you are going to choose someone.  The reason being that just about everyone meets those specifications.

I'll pick the person who's most active.  Having a really good idea about how botnet operates would be a plus.

Quote from: dxoigmn on December 21, 2005, 06:06 PM

Not entirely true. The reason for registration based services is so administrators can control users. With anonymous access, it is difficult to control particular users.

It shouldn't be that hard to develop huristics to manage an automated process. If you're really worried about someone creating some program to auto post to this forum then you can use some sort of [urk=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha]CAPTCHA[/url] to discern between humans and computers.

I wasn't generalizing.  The purpose for OUR registration process is to greatly reduce such problems as I described.  FWIW, there's no such thing as "anonymous access" on botnet.  Everyone requires an unique account for any botnet services to pay attention to them.

In the 2 years that we've been registering accounts over the forum, we have not had any problems with webchannel abuse, and it required no extra programming to do it this way.

I'm looking for a new registrar because I have been very inactive in the past few months, and will be more inactive in the coming months after the holidays.

Warrior

I know how BotNet works! I'm active!
It would give me something todo while browsing forums :)
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

UserLoser.

Quote from: Spht on December 21, 2005, 06:34 PM
Quote from: Explicit[nK] on December 21, 2005, 05:29 PM

I'll pick the person who's most active.  Having a really good idea about how botnet operates would be a plus.

Quote from: dxoigmn on December 21, 2005, 06:06 PM

It shouldn't be that hard to develop huristics to manage an automated process. If you're really worried about someone creating some program to auto post to this forum then you can use some sort of [urk=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha]CAPTCHA[/url] to discern between humans and computers.

I wasn't generalizing.  The purpose for OUR registration process is to greatly reduce such problems as I described.  FWIW, there's no such thing as "anonymous access" on botnet.  Everyone requires an unique account for any botnet services to pay attention to them.

In the 2 years that we've been registering accounts over the forum, we have not had any problems with webchannel abuse, and it required no extra programming to do it this way.

I'm looking for a new registrar because I have been very inactive in the past few months, and will be more inactive in the coming months after the holidays.

Blah blah blah, Spht you know who should take the job :P

Joe[x86]

I know you've already selected Warrior, but if you're looking for another person, I'll accept.

I'm pretty used to how BotNet works (I contact you sometimes over it, yay!). In fact, Warrior was using BotNet Broadcasts to talk to me, instead of BotNet database broadcasts. Silly war.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

UserLoser.

Quote from: Joe on December 23, 2005, 02:18 AM
I know you've already selected Warrior, but if you're looking for another person, I'll accept.

I'm pretty used to how BotNet works (I contact you sometimes over it, yay!). In fact, Warrior was using BotNet Broadcasts to talk to me, instead of BotNet database broadcasts. Silly war.

Too bad Warrior can't broadcast over the entire Botnet, only the database.

Warrior

Quote from: Joe on December 23, 2005, 02:18 AM

Then what's the difference between /bnc and /bnd? If one broadcasts the the entire database what does the other one do? Additionally you were using them first. Silly joe.

Newby

Congrats Warrior! You really deserved it. You were much more qualified overall compared to your competition. :)
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.