• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

3d program layout

Started by Denial, December 18, 2005, 11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denial

Ok i figured this would be a good place to ask people here so here goes..

I need a program that i can develop a layout of a building in i need to know the best program free or having to pay it doesn't matter.

Ill need to design the building in this program and such as well as write notes and such.

Anyone know of such a program or something similar to it?

*edit* Darkminion said i should check out computer aided design ( CAD) but i don't think i can afford 3K so how about something not that expensive :)
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

FrOzeN

I just came across this with a bit of googling, it looks relatively good and it's free. :)
~ FrOzeN

Denial

Thats nice thanks for suggesting that but im looking for something more complex like designing the outside of a building as well like the ground adding a sign and details on the building shaping it in the way you want completely from scratch ... alot of options ill need.

Eric

Ever heard the expression you get what you pay for?

Meh

My uncle is a Civil enginerr and he uses Auto CAD(I believe thats what its called) and it is the shit. Complicated though. When I wa son work experience with him we went round propetys hes working on and he showed me the Auto CAD of them and it was so complex.

rabbit

AutoCAD really is the best for this stuff.  Every college I've visited has used it, and all 3 of the engineers I know use it.  It is complicated, but you're designing complicated things, so why wouldn't it be?  Anyway, if you're really serious about it, $3k isn't that much.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Denial

not that much... ok then give me 3K ...... anyone know if i can get a discount on it and do you know if it will run off a normal computer or will does it have to be a special computer? i guess i can probably google that information.

UserLoser.

Can't you just find somewhere to download it from since paying for it is such a big deal? :P

warz

If you know somebody at a university in the school of engineering then chances are they can get it for free from the university. I have AutoCAD on my computer from when I was planning on going through the school of engineering and I downloaded it for free through the schools website.

I had to use my university login - which is why youll need to find somebody that trusts you enough to let you use theirs.

Sadly I deleted the installer because it was several hundred mb. AutoCAD really isn't too hard if you read a book on it. I took an entire course dedicated to learning how to use it. It's a very in depth program. 100% perfect for what you're trying to do it sounds like.

Denial

Quote from: UserLoser on December 19, 2005, 08:29 PM
Can't you just find somewhere to download it from since paying for it is such a big deal? :P

Find me it then... from what i heard from dm it's very doubtful that you can download it

warz do you think you can get your friend to get you it again or something of that nature cause i dont really have 3K to spend on that.

MrRaza

I can send you the latest version of AutoCAD 2006 with a crack. PM me.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Lord[nK] on December 19, 2005, 02:30 AM
Ever heard the expression you get what you pay for?

Blender is an outstanding program that is free (GNU, no less), and the manual to using it is only ~US$40 IIRC.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.