• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Drivers for...

Started by shout, December 18, 2005, 10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shout

I have this ancient optical mouse from who knows when, made by IBM. I've looked, looked, looked some more, but I can't find the drivers for it. The IBM site directs me somewhere else which wants me to buy stuff. The model number is MO28BO. Eeek!

FrOzeN

I googled "MO28BO", followed the first result. Ended up on driverguide.com, registered and downloaded.

I uploaded here so you don't have to go through a heap of registering crap (file size is 6.4mb): http://www.clananthrax.net/other/IBMMouseSuite.zip
~ FrOzeN

shout

FrOzeN

Strange, it clearly states that model first in the list. :-\
~ FrOzeN

shout

It appears to just be a mouse suite. The device information is:

Device Type: Mice and other pointing devices

Manufacturer: Microsoft

Which was the same before I installed the items you directed me to. The driver information is unchanged as well.

Eric

Windows most likely already has drivers for it.  Have you tried plugging it in and rebooting?

shout

Quote from: Lord[nK] on December 20, 2005, 12:12 AM
Windows most likely already has drivers for it.  Have you tried plugging it in and rebooting?

Every time I reboot, I have to get up, go around to the rear of my computer, unplug it, plug it into a diffrent USB port, and wiggle it by pulling on the cord. Very annoying.

Eric

Quote from: Shout on December 20, 2005, 12:16 AM
Quote from: Lord[nK] on December 20, 2005, 12:12 AM

Every time I reboot, I have to get up, go around to the rear of my computer, unplug it, plug it into a diffrent USB port, and wiggle it by pulling on the cord. Very annoying.

It sounds more like your ancient device is a faulty.  The required "wiggling" of the cord should have been your first clue.  I'd invest in a new mouse.

shout

The wiggleing is to move the mouse so the eye responds to something, and I must do this during the USB dectection phase of Win2k starting up.