• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Christmas (or other holiday) list for your mom

Started by hismajesty, December 16, 2005, 05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hismajesty

My mom sucks and didn't give me a list. I know she wants gloves and "cooking stuff"  but nothing specific. I need ideas.

So far my only thing that I will probably get are these gloves, I was told by a girl I know that they're pretty nice.

Usually I get her cooking things (but she usually writes down what she wants.) Or jewelry, pearls to be exact, but I've already given her a necklace and earrings and all so...

What are you guys doing? Maybe you can help me out.

QwertyMonster

Big teddy bear and big box of chocolates always does the trick. I'm Going tommorow to get presents for people btw. :P

hismajesty

Yeah that's my plan, I asked my mom if I could borrow the car and go up to the mall tommorow afternoon. She said maybe.

Topaz: I'm trying to avoid jewelry this year.

Yoni

We don't celebrate Christmas. Say you're Jewish.

Joe[x86]

I celebrate Quanza! When is it anyhow? =p.

For my mom, nothing. For Natasha, one of them 25 cent rings from Walmart, if I remember.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

hismajesty

You mean Kwanza?

Yoni: But then I'd have to give her 8 gifts, right?

iago

Hmm, my mom doesn't tell me what she wants, either, but I spend a lot of time with her so I get some idea what she needs. 

We got her:
- Tickets for Bryan Adams' concert, plus a card to put them in (with a penguin which hugs them!)
- Eraseable calendar for the fridge (we have one, but it's from '98 and kinda sucks)
- Pens, pencils (for a container that's looking pretty bare)
- Bathroom scale

And I forget what else.  The main thing was the concert tickets, though :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Yoni

CrAz3D

Quote from: Yoni on December 17, 2005, 08:49 AM
Quote from: iago on December 17, 2005, 08:24 AM
a card to put them in (with a penguin which hugs them!)
PICS
heh

For my mom:
Some sort of lamp thing (I can't remember & my sister picked it out)

For my dad:
Jimmy Carter's latest book
NMSU Hat

For my sister:
....?  help?
*sigh*....
probably too late
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

Hm. My mom also wants new perfume, either Ralph Lauren Blue or Chanel. So, I'm guessing I'm gonna get her the gloves, and the perfume. And maybe a new wallet or handbag or something. I took $200 out of the bank (actually my dad did, I don't know if he took it out of his account or mine) and I have like $80 in my wallet. I have no clue what to get my dad, but I'm going to get my sister a Disney MixStick if I can find one! I don't want to make the trek to WAL-MART and that's the only place I've seen it. I hate that store, it's sooooo busy here now that they've made it into a super wal-mart.

Ugh.

Joe[x86]

Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

iago

Quote from: Yoni on December 17, 2005, 08:49 AM
Quote from: iago on December 17, 2005, 08:24 AM
a card to put them in (with a penguin which hugs them!)
PICS

OK!!

Warning to 56k users: you shouldn't have looked at this thread. 

Outside:

Inside:

Yoni

umm... It looks like you paid $1999 for a piece of paper upon which somebody wrote "Bryan Adams Admit 1" with a red marker.

Great penguin though.

iago

Quote from: Yoni on December 17, 2005, 01:36 PM
umm... It looks like you paid $1999 for a piece of paper upon which somebody wrote "Bryan Adams Admit 1" with a red marker.
WTF!?  CRAP!!!

Actually, that's how they do tickets in Canada.  It's honor system.  I was going to draw a Maple Leaf on it, too, but it would look more like a red bush, so...

But seriously, my sister has the real tickets, and she hasn't been here since we bought the card.  :)

Quote from: Yoni on December 17, 2005, 01:36 PM
Great penguin though.
:)!  A Linuxier one would have been better, but we can't always get what we want..

hismajesty

Home from mall. Three hours of walking around yielded the gloves and Chanel No. 5 perfume. For a grand total of $173.25, and I'll probably end up getting her either a Etienne Aigner handbag or wallet.

Ugh.

For my dad I got him two golf shirts, he's really hard to buy for but he's been getting more into golf recently (read, playing it with friends not just watching it and sometimes playing). So. Whatever.

Edit: I bought the bag online, hopefully it gets here in time. But, ugh, now my mom says she wants a gift certificate to a spa for a facial/manicure. I've already spent over $200.