• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Website Suggestion: Object not found! /phpbbs/

Started by FrOzeN, December 08, 2005, 05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrOzeN

Maybe on the error page, add some code so it checks the title bar and if it contains "phpbbs/" it removes, then continues redirecting to the correct page. This would fix all the broken links (for this site) in older posts.

Nothing major, though is relatively simply fix. :)
~ FrOzeN

Joe[x86]

Should be incredibly easy. cd into /web and create a symbolic link "phpbbs" to "."
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

iago

Quote from: Joe on December 12, 2005, 10:31 PM
Should be incredibly easy. cd into /web and create a symbolic link "phpbbs" to "."

Shouldn't be incredibly easy, the forum is on Windows.  Nothing is easy on Windows. 

Err, nevermind, it's on Suse now.  It got moved.  So yeah, it's easy :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Thing [vL]

Thanks for alerting me to this.  I have made a couple of corrections to resolve this issue.

./edit Yes, iago it was easy.   :-*

Fr0z3N

MyndFyre

Quote from: iago on December 13, 2005, 01:11 PM
Shouldn't be incredibly easy, the forum is on Windows.  Nothing is easy on Windows. 
Even if it's on Windows, it's on PHP.  All you'd need to do is make a quick index.php file that redirects the client to /index.php with the appropriate querystring.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

FrOzeN

I assumed you guys knew how to do it. :)

If I were to do it, I would just open .htaccess and add the line "ErrorDocument 404 /404.php".
Then create the file 404.php in the home directory and write a quick script to replace /phpbbs/ and continue redirecting.

[EDIT] Fixed sentence.
~ FrOzeN

iago

Quote from: MyndFyre on December 15, 2005, 08:24 PM
Quote from: iago on December 13, 2005, 01:11 PM
Even if it's on Windows, it's on PHP.  All you'd need to do is make a quick index.php file that redirects the client to /index.php with the appropriate querystring.

That's a lot more work than "ln -s phpbbs ." :P
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*