• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Hmm help please?

Started by QwertyMonster, December 06, 2005, 12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QwertyMonster

Hello.

I am trying to code a program that will log everything sent and received on MSN Messenger. Like if i said 'hihi' to somebody, i would then want it to be displayed on my program thats it been sent.

And also, how would i get this to work on somebody else's computer? Like could i see what they are sending and receiving without having to put a program on their computer?

Bit of help please. (And no im not building a keylogger or anything, i was just curious on how it worked and wanted to try some stuff).

Networks

Quote from: QwertyMonster on December 06, 2005, 12:43 PM
And also, how would i get this to work on somebody else's computer? Like could i see what they are sending and receiving without having to put a program on their computer?

You would only be able to see what they send to you not all the messages they send to others.

Also this may be possible if you use MSN clients like GAIM which allow plugins. That's the simplest way I believe you could do it.

Newby

If you managed to intercept their traffic, you could sniff it.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Mangix

you can see what they are sending to YOU but you cant see what they receive from someone who isnt you. you could prolly do that if this persons computer is connected over a home network or something(im only 0.1% sure).

as for packets sniffers, http://www.winpcap.org

hismajesty

Gaim keeps logs automatically.

Joe[x86]

I asume you want to log traffic, not whats being said.

As Mangix said, see WinPCap (Windows Packet Capture Library). I've never used it in VB, but I think theres some example stuff out there (planet sourcecode?). Doing that you can receive each packet received, then parse it (for the correct port, etc), then debugoutput it, or whatever you want.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

QwertyMonster

So theres no way to see what somebody else says to somebody else, and what they receive? Aww damn... or am i reading what you lot said in the wrong way?

I will check out those links you gave me.

Adron

Quote from: QwertyMonster on December 07, 2005, 09:50 AM
So theres no way to see what somebody else says to somebody else, and what they receive? Aww damn... or am i reading what you lot said in the wrong way?

There are many ways actually. For example, you could break into Microsoft's computers handling MSN chats and grab it there. Or you could cut the phone line/cable connection of your target and insert sniffing hardware to analyze the traffic passing.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Adron on December 07, 2005, 10:16 AM
Quote from: QwertyMonster on December 07, 2005, 09:50 AM

There are many ways actually. For example, you could break into Microsoft's computers handling MSN chats and grab it there. Or you could cut the phone line/cable connection of your target and insert sniffing hardware to analyze the traffic passing.

At first I thought Kp wrote that response.

You know, you could also insert a trojan onto other people's computers.  Or install Winpcap and then use the remote sniffing service.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

QwertyMonster

Hmm is cutting the phone line and sniffing there traffic difficult Adron?

And MyndFyre, my first idea was to build a trojan or a keylogger type application and use it like that.... i could make a PacketLogger, and insert it into my application, send it to there pc and make it so all info logged by the Packetlogger is sent somewhere or is logged.. would that work?

Mangix

Quote from: Joe on December 07, 2005, 07:08 AM
As Mangix said, see WinPCap (Windows Packet Capture Library). I've never used it in VB, but I think theres some example stuff out there (planet sourcecode?). Doing that you can receive each packet received, then parse it (for the correct port, etc), then debugoutput it, or whatever you want.
PacketX

Ringo

Bit of help please. (And no im not building a keylogger or anything, i was just curious on how it worked and wanted to try some stuff).
Quote from: QwertyMonster on December 07, 2005, 04:01 PM
my first idea was to build a trojan or a keylogger type application and use it like that....
*laughs* :D

K

Extremely difficult if they have cable internet.

rabbit

Don't forget about satellite!
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Grok

Quote from: K on December 07, 2005, 05:31 PM

Extremely difficult if they have cable internet.

Why extremely difficult?  It's just RG 59?  If you can splice coax you can add something inline.  Might also be able to use a vampire tap to read the center conductor.  None of this is necessary if you're on their cable hub, just put your network card in promiscuous mode and listen in on all their traffic.