• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

New Forum: Support

Started by Networks, December 05, 2005, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrRaza

I wouldn't mind moderating a Support forum for hardware issues; although, it is upto you.

Networks

Quote from: Grok on December 07, 2005, 10:25 AM
Quote from: Networks on December 06, 2005, 03:58 PM
Quote from: Grok on December 06, 2005, 03:09 PM
The idea is good the implementation has to be careful.  Maybe tagged as "Cooperative Support" in which the readers were the source of the support?  There are a sufficient number of intelligent and helpful people who do visit here who might enjoy offering support.  It's a good learning process for those who are helping others.

I agree. A simple description such as community driven support or something more eloquent or better for that matter. I truly believe that most support forums are community driven unless it's a technical support based site.

Care to Moderate it?

I forgot, yes.

Joe[x86]

I'll moderate the software part. I think I suggested this already, an open tech support forum, but it might have been on x86.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

QwertyMonster

So Grok is actually going to implent Networks idea? Or didn't he suggest not to? I'm confused now, i'm sure Grok said "nahhh" but you lot are saying you are?

Oh well, i s'pose its up to Grok, and i think it's a good idea.

MrRaza

It's a way to attract new and different types of users to this forum, if that's what you want.

cefx-

I don't think they really care about attracting more users..too many of us to handle as is. ;)

Like Adron..having to tolerate us north americaners..
Damn europeans.
cefx
Technodev.org (future project) / UnixPartisan.org
Future dictator

Yoni

Joe[x86]

Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

rabbit

Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Spht

Somebody doesn't like me? How can that be?  No, it's not true.  I'm a wonderful, wonderful boy.  Everybody likes me.  It's impossible not to like me... Impossible... Yoni?

Grok

Quote from: Saphire on December 10, 2005, 06:35 AM
So Grok is actually going to implent Networks idea? Or didn't he suggest not to? I'm confused now, i'm sure Grok said "nahhh" but you lot are saying you are?

I'm not sure yet.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Grok on December 12, 2005, 10:32 AM
Quote from: Saphire on December 10, 2005, 06:35 AM

I'm not sure yet.

I think it would be a reasonably good idea, except for the fact that there are a LOT of support-related topics in GC&M right now.  For example, WoW has somehow overwritten my boot sector on several occasions; when this happens I search for my own post related to restoring the boot sector because it's easier to find here than on the MS Knowledge Base.

Other than that, with the right moderators, it'd be okay.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

rabbit

Quote from: Spht on December 12, 2005, 09:44 AM
Somebody doesn't like me? How can that be?  No, it's not true.  I'm a wonderful, wonderful boy.  Everybody likes me.  It's impossible not to like me... Impossible... Yoni?
It's not that we don't like you, we just like to disagree with Joe.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.