• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

New Forum: Support

Started by Networks, December 05, 2005, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Networks

vL forums get lots of support threads, why not just make a forum already so it's a bit more organized. I think it would be very beneficial rather then having lots of people posting it here in general.

Yoni

That's a great idea and I never said otherwise.

Grok

The idea is good the implementation has to be careful.  Maybe tagged as "Cooperative Support" in which the readers were the source of the support?  There are a sufficient number of intelligent and helpful people who do visit here who might enjoy offering support.  It's a good learning process for those who are helping others.

Networks

Quote from: Grok on December 06, 2005, 03:09 PM
The idea is good the implementation has to be careful.  Maybe tagged as "Cooperative Support" in which the readers were the source of the support?  There are a sufficient number of intelligent and helpful people who do visit here who might enjoy offering support.  It's a good learning process for those who are helping others.

I agree. A simple description such as community driven support or something more eloquent or better for that matter. I truly believe that most support forums are community driven unless it's a technical support based site.

Grok

Quote from: Networks on December 06, 2005, 03:58 PM
Quote from: Grok on December 06, 2005, 03:09 PM

I agree. A simple description such as community driven support or something more eloquent or better for that matter. I truly believe that most support forums are community driven unless it's a technical support based site.

Care to Moderate it?

Meh

The only problem is there may be too many support requests and there are lots of different topics and different programming techiniques on the forums. Would some members who are perhaps needed to give support shy away due to a volume of questions which dont need answering but searching? Just a thought otherwise sounds like a good idea.

QwertyMonster

Too many support questions, hmm yes.. Thats why they should set up groups to deal with a group of questions, for example: A group to help on computer related, and a group to help on other things. etc.

Would that work better with this idea?

EDIT:

I think it would work smoothly, and no mess and everything is in order, in my opinion that is. :P

Grok

On second thought, I'm not convinced we need a new forum.

Support questions for programming are problem in the language-specific forum or the General Programming forum.  Support questions for bots are in their forums, and for computers is in this General Computing.

Warrior

Yea, it might draw things like programming questions into the forum and theres really nothing "else" to need help with. I mean if there's a new board what's going to go in General Computing!? ;)
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Networks

I meant a support forum for General Computing but not programming. Well this could not just be limited to general computing while including it.

Meh

That would be a good idea. Hardware problems and software problems. Much better than programming support.

Spht

There should be a support forum for teen issues also.  A lot of our readers are age 13 to 19 and could benefit from support on common teen topics such as drugs, sex, pregnancy, birth control, ADD, hormones, smoking, acne, HIV/AIDS, herpes, miscarriage, eating disorder recovery, OCD, personality disorder, and such.

Networks

Quote from: Spht on December 09, 2005, 11:05 AM
There should be a support forum for teen issues also.  A lot of our readers are age 13 to 19 and could benefit from support on common teen topics such as drugs, sex, pregnancy, birth control, ADD, hormones, smoking, acne, HIV/AIDS, herpes, miscarriage, eating disorder recovery, OCD, personality disorder, and such.

The forum's implementation isn't supposed to create more support topics, just to organize current ones and provide a more relavant area to ask for help. You wouldn't be getting anymore topics, at least that's the idea behind it.

Mephisto

Meh

Quote from: Spht on December 09, 2005, 11:05 AM
I actually like that idea. Allow anaonymoues posting because I know I wouldnt want my username to be shown especially if theyre sensitive. If one was implemented.