• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Man Executed For Drugs

Started by Mephisto, December 02, 2005, 12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newby

Quote from: FrOzeN on December 03, 2005, 03:07 AM
Quote from: Newby on December 03, 2005, 12:07 AM
Quote from: FrOzeN on December 02, 2005, 11:37 PM
You really need to learn some simply geography.

Way to be nice about it.
I was trying to give an appropriate answer opposed to flaming you. I've been to Singapore about 17 times as it's usually a checkpoint when traveling around the world and stuff (my dad's a flight attendant; really cheap airfares). So far every Singaporean I've met there has been very nice and never had any disputes there whatsoever. So for someone who I've believed to be incredibly smart to not know of some very basic geography and to be a completely racist asshole about it really shows something.

Well, you could have left that last part out. I don't care for geography, as none of my schools offer it as a class. I also found it boring, as we only learned about U.S. geography in the only grade that offers it. The 6th grade!

You'll get over my racist attitude eventually. For the most part, it's done out of sarcasm.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

iago

Quote from: Forged on December 03, 2005, 01:34 AM
I don't think the punishment fits the crime at all, however, if I were a drug smugler I think I would stay out of singapore...

What you're saying is that the punishment was effective..?  If everybody thinks the same way as you, then they just solved their drug smuggling problems by killing 1 person.  I'm sure that more than 1 person dies in the US as a result of drug smuggling every year, so this sounds like a hell of an idea to me!
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

DeTaiLs

I think we should just legalize Marijuana that seems to be the most popular drug and probley the safest alot of teachers tould me they would rather have a kid smoke pot then drink so if they just leaglize weed it would get rid of alot of problems.

DarkMinion

I realize there are some good points, but it's really not worth arguing about.  Singapore has always been a reclusive country and they do their own thing.  It could have been much, much worse.

QwertyMonster

Shouldn't be a drug dealer! Although there are ALOT of drug dealers out there not being caught, hm.... alot of deaths if they do get caught?

Off-Topic:

"Nguyen Tuong Van was hanged before dawn as a dozen friends"
Shouldn't it be
"Nguyen Tuong Van was hung before dawn as a dozen friends"

Please correct me if im wrong.

dxoigmn

Quote from: QwertyMonster on December 03, 2005, 04:13 PM
Shouldn't be a drug dealer! Although there are ALOT of drug dealers out there not being caught, hm.... alot of deaths if they do get caught?

Off-Topic:

"Nguyen Tuong Van was hanged before dawn as a dozen friends"
Shouldn't it be
"Nguyen Tuong Van was hung before dawn as a dozen friends"

Please correct me if im wrong.

You're wrong. Peopled are hanged, other things are hung. Unless you're trying to say the guy had a large penis, but that wouldn't make sense in context.

QwertyMonster

LOL! No i'm not on about penis's... :P Ok i was wrong, sorry.

*Back on topic*.

Forged

Quote from: iago on December 03, 2005, 01:15 PM
Quote from: Forged on December 03, 2005, 01:34 AM
I don't think the punishment fits the crime at all, however, if I were a drug smugler I think I would stay out of singapore...

What you're saying is that the punishment was effective..?  If everybody thinks the same way as you, then they just solved their drug smuggling problems by killing 1 person.  I'm sure that more than 1 person dies in the US as a result of drug smuggling every year, so this sounds like a hell of an idea to me!

The punishment is effective, sort of, there will always be people willing to take the risk.  Such stiff drug penalties really raise the cost of drugs in singapore via supply and demand, so smugglers will still go there.

In the U.S there is no legal basis for drugs to be made illegal, on a federal level anyway.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

WoOdTroll

Some guy just told you what to do, after I just told him what to do. Its the pecking order.

In other words newby, if you did all that murdering, and well stealing. The other billion people would do the same damn thing.

Consider yourself murdered.

topaz

Quote1st World Country

So this would be acceptable in a third world nation?

Do the concepts of right and wrong really change in different living standards?

Yeah, this is old, and I don't care.
RLY...?

RealityRipple

The reason a country is labeled as first, second, third, or fourth world is because of their technological abilities, scientific knowhow, economic growth, law enforcement abilities, and over-all world power. A third or fourth world country most often has bad living standards, as well as a corrupt or ineffective government and bad police force. In this case, the police force is over-zealous, and thus at the rank of a third world country.

Grok

14 ounces of heroine, isn't that a lot?  Some of you drug users explain how much that is.  If that's as much as I would think, and his intent was to sell the heroine for distribution, I don't see the penalty being unfair.

DeTaiLs

Quote from: Grok on September 22, 2006, 09:24 AM
14 ounces of heroine, isn't that a lot?  Some of you drug users explain how much that is.  If that's as much as I would think, and his intent was to sell the heroine for distribution, I don't see the penalty being unfair.

There is 16 ounces in a pound so its a little under a pound, but if you wanna figure out how many people that can supply there is 28 grams in an ounce so 28*14 means it could supply 392 people if they each bought a gram so yeah that would be alot.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Grok on September 22, 2006, 09:24 AM
That seems like an odd position for you, Grok.  I tend to be against the war on drugs - I think people have the right to mess themselves up however they want to.  It's a very libertarian attitude - which is why I thought it was odd for you.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

RealityRipple

16 ounces = 453.59237 grams
You're a bit off (I wrote a US Standard <--> Metric conversion system into my bot, and it's quit accurate). But that's if people only wanted one gram. I'm not a fan of heroin, nor are any of my friends, because it's a terrible drug... but an addict would probably buy half an ounce if they could afford it. The thing about heroin is that an addict will pay as much as he/she can to get it. And not always in cash....

|