• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Man Executed For Drugs

Started by Mephisto, December 02, 2005, 12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephisto

iago

Well, that's a good way to stop drugs.  :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Arta

Welcome to death penalty debate #59.

iago

Oops, I'm supposed to be against the Death Penalty :)

Newby

Who cares? You break a law, you pay the consequences.

Singapore isn't in the U.S.. Singapore is in Japan, IIRC, and Japan is a bunch of hardasses from what I've seen.

So, this is expected in my view. Good riddance to scum.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

hismajesty

Last time I checked Singapore was in Singapore.

FrOzeN

Quote from: Newby on December 02, 2005, 11:15 PM
Singapore isn't in the U.S.. Singapore is in Japan, IIRC, and Japan is a bunch of hardasses from what I've seen.
Here's a quick image I drew onto a plain map. It's not 'perfect' but it's close enough.

You really need to learn some simply geography.
~ FrOzeN

powered by nissan

If the punishment wasnt so great  >:( I would definetely be a drug dealer...........

Newby

Quote from: FrOzeN on December 02, 2005, 11:37 PM

Way to be nice about it.

Why don't you go learn some simple spelling skills, and then we'll talk, ok?

Ok, so let me correct myself. Asians are generally hardasses from what I've seen (in terms of rules and such, my friend, for example, is 17 and has a bedtime of 8:00 pm, and can't stay out past 7pm on weekends), so from what I've seen, Asians are hardasses and this is not something I wouldn't expect. Sorry if I seem to be a stereotypical, but I'm a racist, and therefore I stereotype all Asians as being the same. I've been yelled at by teachers for doing this, too.

Quote from: powered by nissan on December 03, 2005, 12:03 AM
If the punishment wasnt so great  >:( I would definetely be a drug dealer...........

If the punishment for murder wasn't so great, I'd murder every one of my enemies and friends, just because I could. I'd also do every drug under the sun, and steal large quantities of whatever I please, so provided there weren't laws.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

powered by nissan

Quote from: Newby on December 03, 2005, 12:07 AM
If the punishment for murder wasn't so great, I'd murder every one of my enemies and friends, just because I could. I'd also do every drug under the sun, and steal large quantities of whatever I please, so provided there weren't laws.
I guess so...........but the punishment fits the crimes you have listed.  The punishment for selling drugs does not fit the crime IMO.  I wouldnt physically do the drug because I dont want to fuck my life over but the money involved can get you to be on top of the world.

iago

Kids like you are the reason the US sucks.  Rules shouldn't be the reason for not doing dumb things, common sense should be.

Here's a quick image I drew onto a plain map. It's not 'perfect' but it's close enough.

Where's Hawaii!?

Mephisto

Way to be nice about it.

Why don't you go learn some simple spelling skills, and then we'll talk, ok?

Ok, so let me correct myself. Asians are generally hardasses from what I've seen (in terms of rules and such, my friend, for example, is 17 and has a bedtime of 8:00 pm, and can't stay out past 7pm on weekends), so from what I've seen, Asians are hardasses and this is not something I wouldn't expect. Sorry if I seem to be a stereotypical, but I'm a racist, and therefore I stereotype all Asians as being the same. I've been yelled at by teachers for doing this, too.

Quote from: powered by nissan on December 03, 2005, 12:03 AM

You clearly have a lot to learn about East-Asian culture.

Forged

I don't think the punishment fits the crime at all, however, if I were a drug smugler I think I would stay out of singapore...
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

FrOzeN

Way to be nice about it.
I was trying to give an appropriate answer opposed to flaming you. I've been to Singapore about 17 times as it's usually a checkpoint when traveling around the world and stuff (my dad's a flight attendant; really cheap airfares). So far every Singaporean I've met there has been very nice and never had any disputes there whatsoever. So for someone who I've believed to be incredibly smart to not know of some very basic geography and to be a completely racist asshole about it really shows something.

Quote from: iago on December 03, 2005, 01:06 AM
Kids like you are the reason the US sucks.  Rules shouldn't be the reason for not doing dumb things, common sense should be.

[i[/i]mg]http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4949/worldmap6rs.jpg[/i[/i]mg]

Where's Hawaii!?
I was giving the general idea of where the countries are, not precisely. If you notice alot of the islands above Australia are missing too. :-\

I think we need to revise on this story alittle better.

Nguyen became a drug mule in a foolhardy attempt to raise enough money to pay off his twin brother Khoa's A$30,000 debts. Yes, that gives him no excuse for what he did. Though the death penalty isn't what he deserved. By killing him his family suffers the most. The only contact they were allowed to have with him before he died was placing there hand on glass as he did on the other side, they couldn't hug him nor do anything else.
By giving him the death penalty it brings there country down majorly. Australia has supported them excessively helping them become a 1st World Country. Then as our government asks for him to be returned to Australia for a jail sentence they declined. And not only was it a death penalty, but it was torture to hang him opposed to 'at least' a firing squad.

Aswell as all this, during his time in jail he had completely changed. He was no longer a 'bad' person or whatever you wish to name it. He now believed in god and had become a christian and turned his life around promisely to  never do anything of such again.

By giving him the death penalty his family now has to suffer and his brother will now have a horrific conscience thinking that it was his fault as he was in debt. This punishment in no way can be justified as acceptable for a 1st World Country in today's society and shouldn't be allowed.

---
Also I'm in no way being biased on this. As I'm completely Australian with my dad having a British background, and I'm an atheist.
~ FrOzeN

Adron

Swift death, he got away easy. He should have stolen or traded drugs in some arabic country where he could get his hands chopped off instead.