• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Monad/MSH: The Windows BASH

Started by MyndFyre, November 29, 2005, 09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyndFyre

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Newby

Very very old news. :P

Isn't there a virus out for it already? Danom or Damon or whatever? It was written to be the first one?

It seems neat. There was some 9 page review I read on it. I just think I'll stick to bash. If I have to purchase their product to use their shell, it ain't happening.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Kp

Quote from: MyndFyre on November 29, 2005, 09:32 PMhttp://channel9.msdn.com/wiki/default.aspx/Channel9.MSHWiki

Discuss!

Why not just implement a proper POSIX subsystem and then give people GNU bash?  Such a subsystem would have as a bonus that most (all?) GNU tools would work without a Cygwin layer.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Yoni

Why interoperate when you can dominate?

iago

I remember recently hearing a Microsoft guy making fun of an Apple guy because, "Apple's OS doesn't play well with others!"  hah!

Didn't I read somewhere that Monad isn't going to be included in Windows Retirement Home initially?
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

MyndFyre

It seems like it's a free add-on, so I could see why home users wouldn't need it.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.