• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Should felons be able to vote?

Started by CrAz3D, November 14, 2005, 09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephisto

Quote from: CrAz3D on November 15, 2005, 12:11 AM
Quote from: FrOzeN on November 15, 2005, 12:04 AM
When a felon is free from jail, they have paid there crime and therefore should be allowed access to there civil rights (or w/e there called).
"All men are created equal".  So, by that logic, from birth all males should be able to vote.

Things are meant to be interpretted I believe.  Bible, Constitution, w/e.  Yes, those things have a nice foundation but cannot stand alone in today's society.

I don't think women are equal, the declaration of independence supports my view by saying "all men."

I really hope you don't actually believe what you are saying in this post.  :p

IMO, felons that have been released deserve their rights like the next guy, they've paid, and therefore are just another person like you and me in regard to having rights.

I really think you need to expand your viewpoint a little bit Crazed and approach things with a bit more open-mindedness rather than just being flat out conservative in opinion.

WoOdTroll

QuoteDUI?...yes, those people should have their license revoked, drunk drivers kill

So you're saying that if you got a DUI you'd like to get your license revoked? Nonesense, you'd be begging for another chance.

Just like these people should. Plus I am pretty sure the people who have done the worst of things aren't getting out. Quit being stupid.

Adron

Whether they have served their time or not, they should be able to vote. Someone having done something the current government does not like is not a good reason to take away their chance to change the government.

iago

Quote from: WoOdTroll on November 15, 2005, 10:37 AM
QuoteDUI?...yes, those people should have their license revoked, drunk drivers kill

So you're saying that if you got a DUI you'd like to get your license revoked? Nonesense, you'd be begging for another chance.

If I had a DUI, I should damn well have my license revoked forever.  It's surprisingly easy to not drink and drive: don't drink, OR don't drive.  DUH. 

This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

shout

I don't think women are equal, the declaration of independence supports my view by saying "all men."

What the fuck!?

Explicit

Quote from: Shout on November 15, 2005, 08:58 PM

What the fuck!?

Calm down.  He's just giving an example.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

shout

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on November 15, 2005, 09:01 PM
Quote from: Shout on November 15, 2005, 08:58 PM

What the fuck!?

Calm down. He's just giving an example.

Oops, saw that and got agitated. Nevermind.

WoOdTroll

Quote from: iago on November 15, 2005, 01:39 PM
Quote from: WoOdTroll on November 15, 2005, 10:37 AM

If I had a DUI, I should damn well have my license revoked forever.  It's surprisingly easy to not drink and drive: don't drink, OR don't drive.  DUH. 

Speaking of which, do you even drink? And if you do, probably once in a while right? Maybe on certain occasions?(Just questions)

If so then I know why it would be easy for you. Compared to alcoholics. But we all know how drunks think...Alot of lack of judgment. Don't really care whats right, and whats wrong correct? Most of the time drunk driving, occurs when some one doesn't want to stay at a party, and sleep in the bathroom, they'd rather be home. Or they're just dumb, and want go driving. I don't support either.

Hazard

I think it depends on the felony really. Just with the punishments, the more heineous the crime the worse the punishment.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

CrAz3D

Quote from: Mephisto on November 15, 2005, 09:31 AM
Quote from: FrOzeN on November 15, 2005, 12:04 AM
When a felon is free from jail, they have paid there crime and therefore should be allowed access to there civil rights (or w/e there called).
"All men are created equal".  So, by that logic, from birth all males should be able to vote.

Things are meant to be interpretted I believe.  Bible, Constitution, w/e.  Yes, those things have a nice foundation but cannot stand alone in today's society.

I really hope you don't actually believe what you are saying in this post.  :p

IMO, felons that have been released deserve their rights like the next guy, they've paid, and therefore are just another person like you and me in regard to having rights.

I really think you need to expand your viewpoint a little bit Crazed and approach things with a bit more open-mindedness rather than just being flat out conservative in opinion.
Woman comment was just an example, just as Explicit said (thanks for pointing that out to some people how didn't see the sarcasm)

Felons are not like me, I haven't committed a felony, therefore I'm not like a felon.  I AM better than a felon.  Felonies are extreme violations against society.

Adron, felons don't commit crimes against the government, they commit crimes against society.

& yes, if I got a DUI I shouldn't drive.  I'm obviously not capable of understanding to not drink & drive to begin with, so I shouldnt drive.  Hell, there are people that shouldnt be allowed to drive while sober (IMO) but w/e
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Adron

Quote from: CrAz3D on November 16, 2005, 01:11 AM
Adron, felons don't commit crimes against the government, they commit crimes against society.

All crimes that you are sentenced to some punishment for are really crimes against laws the government created. Crimes against society is much more vague and could include attacking Iraq, dropping the a-bomb on Nagasaki, or just taking your bad mood to work and bringing down everyone else ;)

CrAz3D

Government is formed by society.  Laws created by the governing society keep society in check & functioning.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Adron

Quote from: CrAz3D on November 16, 2005, 01:19 AM
Government is formed by society.  Laws created by the governing society keep society in check & functioning.

Whatever you say does not change the point I was making.

Government is selected by voting. If government passes rule: It is a crime to not have green hair. And those found guilty of a crime are not allowed to vote. Then the current government (who presumably made sure they had green hair ahead of time) will rule forever.

CrAz3D

Green hair isn't a felony.
I highly doubt that the entire population would be in jail so as the only voters were the members of Congress & the President.
(ré-bun-dance)

Mephisto

Quote from: CrAz3D on November 16, 2005, 08:30 AM
Green hair isn't a felony.
I highly doubt that the entire population would be in jail so as the only voters were the members of Congress & the President.

You're missing his point entirely, or you're just trying to avoid it by bringing up some lame statement.

|