• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Repetition of topics

Started by warz, November 07, 2005, 02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warz

After not lookin at this thing for quite awhile.. I come to realize I haven't missed a single thing. I see the same people posting the same "Where to start" topics as I did when I left? Man, somewhat dissappointing.

MyndFyre

Quote from: warz on November 07, 2005, 02:06 AM
After not lookin at this thing for quite awhile.. I come to realize I haven't missed a single thing. I see the same people posting the same "Where to start" topics as I did when I left? Man, somewhat dissappointing.

That surprises you?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Mephisto

IMHO, it's time for vL to shut down.  It's hardly even a clan anymore to be honest, and Battle.net in a clan sense is essentially dead.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Mephisto on November 08, 2005, 12:18 AM
IMHO, it's time for vL to shut down.  It's hardly even a clan anymore to be honest, and Battle.net in a clan sense is essentially dead.

So what?  Who are you to even make that call?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Adron

Ah, maybe we would shut down the public part of the forums if we didn't see a use for those anymore...

Mitosis

Quote from: Adron on November 08, 2005, 03:47 AM

Ah, maybe we would shut down the public part of the forums if we didn't see a use for those anymore...

I think that's the idea.

Networks

...or those that feel like vL should shut down or kill the forums can just leave and hope in the end that it dies. (Man you people things so complicated)

Mephisto

Quote from: MyndFyre on November 08, 2005, 12:39 AM

??

All I did was make an opinion.  No need to get aversive.

Invert

Quote from: Mephisto on November 08, 2005, 02:01 PM
Quote from: MyndFyre on November 08, 2005, 12:39 AM

??

All I did was make an opinion.  No need to get aversive.

You should support your cause and lead by example so don't come here again and don't make any more posts. We can help you with this if you are having problems with contradicting your own opinion.

Banana fanna fo fanna

B.net died when they split the different realms. Long live channel wars!

DeTaiLs

I miss them good old days when channel wars where cool also I really miss the good old server splits that would happen every 10 min.

quasi-modo

Battle net got progressively worse as time went on... I mean then you have the whole ip ban thing where it took you forever to be able to log back on when you got disconnected and then if you dont find a game right away there is that 10 minute lag.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

DeTaiLs

I think one thing that killed battle net is there priorities on things they have there staff work on things that don't need to fixed when there is choas running around on other things for example starcraft is probley still there number 1 played game and there has been a mineral hack for a month now that has not got patched.

QwertyMonster

Every Battle.net server on Starcraft / Broodwar etc. is dead..

.. Looks at WoW !

warz

Well I agree with Mephisto that these forums don't serve their same purpose as often as they used to, but I wouldn't get rid of them just incase somebody else needs to look back on something posted here.

As far as bnet being worse than it was, I'd say it's better than it was. Get over the fact that you can't war, and haven't been able to for several years lol. Look at it as a gaming community now, it's not too bad of one.

I do miss warring though, on a side note. heh.