• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Pizza in Chicago...

Started by Trance, October 27, 2005, 07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trance

Is anyone here from/been to Chicago? I'm planning on having a bit of a road trip sometime in the near future and I want to get the best damn pizza I can get while I'm there. Any suggestions?

jigsaw

Round Table Pizza - All Meat Marvel. Its sooo money.

dxoigmn

Grok

Geno's pizza downtown.  "World's Best Pizza".  Get deep dish sausage.  Pizza, sausage, two of Chicago's finest come together.  You cannot go wrong.

I used to go to Chicago on weekends and buy a pizza, enjoy a couple slices there and bring the rest home for the fridge in my barracks.  Even days later, Geno's pizza is incredible.

hismajesty

Quote from: dxoigmn on October 27, 2005, 01:14 PM
Unos, best pizza ever, period.

Uh, that's a chain..you can get it all over the country (or east coast at least, I don't know.) Why would you go to a city known for its pizza, to get food from a restraunt that isn't even locally owned.

That's like going to Italy and then going to Olive Garden or something.

Trance

Here in LA there is a chain called Numero Uno, do you know if it's related to Uno's?

Cool I think I'll raid Geno's and eat some of it while on the road haha :) thanks

Trance

Grok, I can't find any information about Geno's, could you please point me in the right direction? Perhaps even an address? :P

dxoigmn

Quote from: Trance on October 27, 2005, 03:29 PM
Here in LA there is a chain called Numero Uno, do you know if it's related to Uno's?

Cool I think I'll raid Geno's and eat some of it while on the road haha :) thanks

Yeah I live in LA and have tried Numero Uno and it sucks. I though Uno was the same as Numero Uno but it is nothing like Numero Uno, it doesn't even compare.  And yes it is a chain, but they don't have it out in the west coast much so I rarely get to eat it (unless I drive down to San Diego or when I'm in Phoenix). Since you'll be in chicago, go to the original Pizzeria Uno.

rabbit

There aren't any Unos in Philly, but Soho is awesome (it's a Philly place).  If you're lucky there's one in Chicago.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Grok

Looks like they moved.  Too bad.  But I havent been there in 15 years so ... here's the new location
http://www.ginosonhiggins.com/

UserLoser.

Who wants to meet up in Chicago and have some pizza?!  I'm not far from there at all!

Trance

If you're paying, haha...

Thanks again Grok, I was thinking it might be Gino's because that's what kept popping up on google.

dxoigmn, I'll probably check out a Pizzeria Uno sometime next week since it's in SD.

MyndFyre

If you can get to Cicero, go to Al's Pizza -- great food.  :)

When you're in Chicago, also go to Portillo's for the best hot dogs and Italian beef sandwiches in the world! :D
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

dxoigmn

Quote from: Trance on October 28, 2005, 03:38 AM
If you're paying, haha...

Thanks again Grok, I was thinking it might be Gino's because that's what kept popping up on google.

dxoigmn, I'll probably check out a Pizzeria Uno sometime next week since it's in SD.

Where in SD will you be?

Trance

Where the pizza is :P

Myndfyre, ever been to LA? If so, have you ever been to Pink's in Hollywood?