• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Pizza in Chicago...

Started by Trance, October 27, 2005, 07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jigsaw

McDonalds is awesome in Chicago - they put extra 1000 island on the big macs, and if you're lucky someone will urinate in your fries to spice it up.

Explicit

Quote from: jigsaw on October 28, 2005, 09:02 PM
McDonalds is awesome in Chicago - they put extra 1000 island on the big macs, and if you're lucky someone will urinate in your fries to spice it up.

Mmm, urine-covered fries. I can taste it now.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Meh

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on October 28, 2005, 10:03 PM
Quote from: jigsaw on October 28, 2005, 09:02 PM

Mmm, urine-covered fries. I can taste it now.
Same, I just ate one :-P. Though I work there and im pretty sure no one pissed in my frys, but hmmmm.

Trance

Taking my thread back now --

I was wondering if anyone has actually done any road trips... This will be my first and I wanted to know if there are any tips you might have.

Especially regarding hotels. i.e. do you just find them as you go along, or do you actually reserve a room ahead of time?

Akamas

I would suggest you find them as you go along. Also, be sure to stay at a hotel that you recognize and not some random place, "Larry's Cow Barn Hotel".

I don't book ahead, because it will limit the amount of driving I can (could've) done in that day; Unless that hotel is reserved at your final destination.

You also have to take in account of what kind of hotel you're planning on staying at. The higher class ones are obviously more expenisve, but also sometimes require advanced booking.
Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well, I want some too. Greedy Yoni should stop hogging it.

Explicit

Quote from: Akamas on November 13, 2005, 01:29 PM
I would suggest you find them as you go along. Also, be sure to stay at a hotel that you recognize and not some random place, "Larry's Cow Barn Hotel".

I don't book ahead, because it will limit the amount of driving I can (could've) done in that day; Unless that hotel is reserved at your final destination.

You also have to take in account of what kind of hotel you're planning on staying at. The higher class ones are obviously more expenisve, but also sometimes require advanced booking.

Alternatively, you could sleep in the car and have sink-baths at public restrooms.  It's not too bad, and you save money that could be directed elsewhere.  This is what I would do.

quasi-modo

Or you could do what stewie did and take pills that a random trucker gave you.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Akamas

Quote from: quasi-modo on November 14, 2005, 10:14 AM
Or you could do what stewie did and take pills that a random trucker gave you.

Haha.. that was awesome.
Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well, I want some too. Greedy Yoni should stop hogging it.

WoOdTroll

I crossed countried Canada. Really nice, some parts(British Columbia) have huge ass moutains and snow at the top. You can even see holes in the rock where miners used to go dig, way the fuck up there. Probably took them 2-4 hours just to get to it. Also saw some glaciers, alot of flat land, alot of up and down land(hills). I saw all the great lakes, looks like a damn mini ocean. Alot of farms, places.

Ontario and Quebec was nuts. The girls down there are damn hot, and its so humid down there, they walk around in bikinis and shit. And beer is cheap, and you can have anything you want at 18.

Trance

What I plan to do is go through the southern half of the US this time and then the northern half next time along with canada.

Explicit

You should try walking across America.  It's one of the goals for this lifetime of mine, and it's primarily to build character.

WoOdTroll

Terry Fox basically ran across Canada. I am sure others could walk it too.

Explicit

Tom made a website about his journey across the United States.  It really makes me want to do it.

Trance

*Resurrects thread*

Anyone know of any nice areas in the Chicago area (i.e. suburbs)? I'm not looking for a country club or a five star hotel or anything. I'll just be getting some pizza and passing through. So all I really need is a nice quiet area that isn't very close to the airport.

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: Trance on October 27, 2005, 07:36 AM
Is anyone here from/been to Chicago? I'm planning on having a bit of a road trip sometime in the near future and I want to get the best damn pizza I can get while I'm there. Any suggestions?

Pat's Pizza on Seminary and Lincoln ave (i think) close to downtown chicago makes the BEST thin crust pizza ever.

Also nice area, lakeview is nice if you go down to the beach, lots of gay guys and gay bars so watch out for that one if you see a half-naked male coming up on you, feel free to run away. If you go to west chicago, (about 6000 west around central ave and fullerton ave) that's the Polish/Czech hood, LOTS of awesome food places so check that out. there is a restaurant called Operetta (czech food) if you go down west fullerton around central ave, just keep going it will be on your left side. good food ;)
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

|