• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Web Hosting

Started by Sorc.Polgara, September 30, 2005, 03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorc.Polgara

There are so many web hosting companies and services out there that I'm having a hard time choosing.

Of course, I've searched Google and looked at about 10 different sites with themes like "Top 10 Web Hosting" and "Best Web Hosting". However, they all pretty much list the same companies, just in slightly different order and maybe with a few different companies.

A no brainer would be to go with one of these companies, however I'm thinking that there might be some web hosting services out there that are less well-known and are just as comparable.

I'm looking for a web hosting solution that gives me the most bang for my buck.

So, any recommendations and/or suggestions? This really only concerns those people here who have or have had experience with Web Hosting before.

David

I personally, use Grim Hosting, it may not be the mosta 'bang for your buck' but it's decent, my site hasn't been down once, and the tech support is relatively quick to reply.
Quote from: l]ante on March 15, 2004, 11:40 AM
You learned 8 languages in 8 months?
Geez, go code a life.

Blaze

Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Invert

nslay

http://www.pihost.com/
If these guys can deliver 320kbps MP3PRO stream to thousands of simultaneous users with no breaks in the stream, then they must be pretty good in general...

warzone

I suggest larryhosting.net. I am the leader of the company. We have a great server. No down time. Check out our hosting plans at Larryhosting.net |

Aim: Larrystart

Explicit

Sounds unreliable already.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

rabbit

AdvaHost.com is good for my purposes.  Fast response and really cheap (you know me!)  The only downtime I've had was when I forgot to pay to have my domain renewed.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Akamas

Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well, I want some too. Greedy Yoni should stop hogging it.

Newby

- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Denial

it all depends on what sort of website you wish to have. for example do you want to own your own server? how much space and do you care more about tech support then cost?

There are alot of questions you need to anwser because anyone can be cheap and offer no help. If you are looking for good help then the hosting will be a little bit expensiver then people who offer little help.

For example if your looking for the best bang for you buck you can go with a free website like angelfire.com and all it does is put banners on your site and you can kill the banners with a anti-banner code.

So please be more specific in what you want.
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

Topaz

Stealth

ForgeHosting has been great. :)
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

JTN Designer

Quote from: Stealth on October 03, 2005, 12:19 PM
ForgeHosting has been great. :)

If you like DNS problems go with these guys.

I currently run http://www.advahost.com with my real-time best friend and business partner. We have been operation under JT-Networks (Joint Technology Networks, AdvaHost being a hosting subsidiary of JT-Networks, for about 4 years now. However my only other reccomendation is www.servermatrix.com (our co-located datacenter).
(advertising deleted by forum administrator)